Amazon Rebuffs Idea Of Partnering With PayPal

HardOCP News

[H] News
It seems the rumors floating around about PayPal partnering with Amazon aren't true. Amazon Payments' vice president denied the rumors saying that, if customers were asking for a PayPal option, they would have had it already.

That's the message Amazon Payments' vice president Patrick Gauthier offered in an interview with CNET on Monday when asked whether his company might someday bring PayPal's digital payments service to Amazon.com. "It's quite simple," Gauthier said. "Amazon starts with the customer. If our customers were asking for it, it would have been on Amazon already."

For the love of God no!!! I don't want pay pay pay pal anywhere near my Amazon stuffs.

Amazon Payments works JUST fine thank you.

Had a $10'000 payment go through pp about a week ago. No problems.
But a $2,500 payment flagged this week. Probably the Asian name in symbols on the receipt I guess.

Where's my money....

It really annoyed me when eBay owned PayPal and they both charged seperate fees. Even though it was the same damn company.

I want paypal options at Amazon. But I don't know how to tell Amazon to get them, nor do I expect them to listen to me.

Didn't Amazon have Paypal a long time ago?

I use Paypal a lot. Hell of a lot more than Amazon payments, which is more like. I never use it.

I have been using paypal since it first started and have only had 2 problems, both from the shady seller. Paypal upon notification immediately took action and quickly resolved the issue. Paypal has been great for me.

I guess I need to tell them I want PayPal then. There's been lots of times I haven't ordered from Amazon because I couldn't use PayPal credit and get 6 months no interest financing.

Back