Apple Shares Drop Below $100 For First Time Since August

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apple shares are in free fall! EVERYONE PANIC! Hurry, get your broker on the line and sell your stocks now!

Apple Inc shares dropped below $100 for the first time in nearly five months on Wednesday following reports of slowing shipments of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. Taiwan-based Foxconn, formally known as Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd (2317.TW), will cut working hours over the week-long Lunar New Year holiday, according to a person familiar with the matter, a rare move that analysts said could be a sign of softening demand for the iPhone.

52 week high : $134.54
52 week low : $92.00

Trend over the last 3 years looks pretty good. Need the regressions for healthy fibs.

Not sure there is news here.

More to the point however, like many other companies, it looks like the high US dollar is really starting to hurt Apple.

Massive sell off on just about every market in the world and we're supposed to assume that all of that means Apple is dead?

Massive sell off on just about every market in the world and we're supposed to assume that all of that means Apple is dead?

Inb4 Apple is dead because competitor X is so much better and is destroying their profits! ;)

The entire market is taking a massive shit.

Except bitcoin.

The entire market is taking a massive shit.

Except bitcoin.

HA HA! Very true, BTC is doing pretty nicely since before the holidays, even with e BIG selloffs that happened.

I love it!

I sold all of my stock when it was up to its highest ever. Used my profits as a down payment for my house.

A lot of other company shares dropped in the last few days if you've been paying attention.

I grabbed Apple when it was low in August and sold near it's high in recent months. Glad I jumped out.

I guess I'm the only one picking up some under $100/share? I mean it could/probably will go lower, but if you look at the P/E ratio it's a steal. If it was valued the same as google it would be over $300/share. Not saying either should be valued over 30 P/E but apple has a whole lot of value in their stock right now. Although unfortunately the markets insanity can last a long time. So if you do buy, don't necessarily expect a jump for awhile. Although if the sky isn't falling on iphone sales on the earnings release, I do expect to see some kind of pop.

In terms of money being better off elsewhere.. In a down market, I'm not so sure about that. The "growth" companies have a lot more to fall if we go full bear market. I would be shocked if AAPL dropped 10% from current price. Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, I wouldn't be shocked by a 20-50% drop in those. Not saying it will happen, but given such high valuations, there is room for it.

Apple Inc shares dropped below $100 for the first time in nearly five months on Wednesday following reports of slowing shipments of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.

Not surprising.

There was a huge pent up demand for a larger iPhone, which pushed up the sales of the 6 & 6 plus. Then they expanded to China to boost sales. Meanwhile the new 6S and 6S plus are not enough of an improvement to get people to upgrade from their older 6 or 6 plus.

While sales are still up, the rapid growth of the past few years has slowed to a crawl, and their market share has been dropping. About time their stock started to come back to reality.

About time their stock started to come back to reality.

WTF are you smoking?

I think a good example of how AAPL is very much below it's competitor's valuation is http://fortune.com/2016/01/05/apple-valuation-cash-flow/ . You think Google and Microsoft are worth 3x Apple? I mean based on earnings, not total valuation.

Based on how much profit apple makes, they are rediculously cheap. Sure they have a huge market cap but they make more money than any other company by a huge margin.

I guess I'm the only one picking up some under $100/share? I mean it could/probably will go lower, but if you look at the P/E ratio it's a steal.

I don't usually post about stuff like this, but I agree 100%. A quick look with my own indicators all point to a buy scenario.

See what happens when the Fed raises interest rates :)

The time to panic sell was when they ONLY made $52 billion last quarter. Company clearly has no future. I can see why Wall St. hates it.

Just general market jitters. Everything is in the tank right now driven in large part by Chinese markets and of all things cheap oil.

97 is still too high. Apple is nothing more than another Acer but at least Acer manufacture their own products. Lets see where it bottoms out but my guess in the 50's.

Fuck that shit. I'm buying more more more. If you are looking to get into the market and have found that Apple's shares were excessively high, this might be the best time to get in on it now. I doubt they will much more. Maybe down into the mid-80's if that and then it will only go up.

And in 3 months Chipolte stock has dipped from 750 to 400. Dems sour apples.

You may hate Apple but now is the time to buy if you have half a brain...

52 week high : $134.54
52 week low : $92.00

Trend over the last 3 years looks pretty good. Need the regressions for healthy fibs.

Not sure there is news here.

More to the point however, like many other companies, it looks like the high US dollar is really starting to hurt Apple.

And all their products this year have been trash.

They need acquisitions to enter new markets, the growth just isn't there with phones anymore.

They need acquisitions to enter new markets, the growth just isn't there with phones anymore.

And this is a large part of the problem.
A companies value is based on future sales/revenue, not on what they did last year.

Having most of a companies revenue based on a single product, a product with declining market share, that is slowly losing it's status as a "must have" trendy item is a real risk, and the stock market is taking that into account.

A companies value is based on future sales/revenue, not on what they did last year.

Having most of a companies revenue based on a single product, a product with declining market share, that is slowly losing it's status as a "must have" trendy item is a real risk, and the stock market is taking that into account.

The market is only rational in the long term. Short term moves are very often irrational. Apple hasn't said anything about their sales numbers. It's all speculation. Wall street has been wrong with Apple a lot in the past. Are they right this time? Possibly, but we won't know until Jan 26th.

My thoughts are if Apple was going to miss earnings by a decent margin than they would pre-announce that. So I suspect they will be in their original range. Will it be in the wall street estimate ranges? Who knows. However I would be surprised if we get a big drop after earnings. Drop before earnings looks like an opportunity to buy more shares. I don't see AAPL keeping a single digit PE ratio for long. As of right now they are about 10.5. Walmart, Fucking Walmart, has over a 13.8.

So something has to give. Either apple's earnings drop significantly (I'm betting against that), or their stock will go up. Will it be soon? Who knows. You can't time the market. However long term I don't see AAPL staying at this low of a PE, so I'm going to buy some more shares in the next few days.

Trash, or not trash is quite subjective, but they have been profitable. I am seeing much more demand for OS X/iOS developement than ever before.

I don't see aquasitions being useful for Apple at this point, but thier partnership with IBM to enter the enterprise market needs more commitment and results. Big money just waiting to be made there while Microsoft is sleeping IMHO.

Trash, or not trash is quite subjective, but they have been profitable.

Highly profitable from selling low cost to produce trash. It's like the shirt made in the same factory by child laborers but one has a Banana Republic logo for a fourth the cost of the same shirt with Hugo Boss logo. I've actually bought that shirt at the mall but I ain't nuts to pay 4x more. iPhones 6s and 6s Plus are equivalent to low to mid end Android phones but cost more. iPhone 6s has a 750p display which is what you get with a freebie throwaway Android phone.

Trash, or not trash is quite subjective, but they have been profitable. I am seeing much more demand for OS X/iOS developement than ever before.

I don't see aquasitions being useful for Apple at this point, but thier partnership with IBM to enter the enterprise market needs more commitment and results. Big money just waiting to be made there while Microsoft is sleeping IMHO.

? There's no money in enterprise workstations. I don't think people realize how much revenue Apple needs to make their stock jump up.

School me. Haven't smartphones and laptops reached a bit of a market peak? Apple has always achieved a subjective better performance, but now? Besides Iauto, what industry-commanding-presence can they hope to penetrate?

I'm not saying this is the downfall of Apple. I'm seeing a ceiling.

School me. Haven't smartphones and laptops reached a bit of a market peak? Apple has always achieved a subjective better performance, but now? Besides Iauto, what industry-commanding-presence can they hope to penetrate?

Exactly, ceiling is bad for the stock not the company. They'll still make billions, just no more explosive growth without dominating something else.

Losing market share? Stellar research.

http://www.ibtimes.com/apple-iphone...s-surge-android-maker-samsung-falters-2061750

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2974...pite-global-slowdown-in-smartphone-sales.html

http://www.bidnessetc.com/51740-app...mid-rising-demand-for-iphone-6-iphone-6-plus/

Apple's problem is that people constantly say they have peaked. They've said that for three years, amid a large growth in revenue.

Highly profitable from selling low cost to produce trash. It's like the shirt made in the same factory by child laborers but one has a Banana Republic logo for a fourth the cost of the same shirt with Hugo Boss logo. I've actually bought that shirt at the mall but I ain't nuts to pay 4x more. iPhones 6s and 6s Plus are equivalent to low to mid end Android phones but cost more. iPhone 6s has a 750p display which is what you get with a freebie throwaway Android phone.

Because if my 4" phone screen isn't at least 4K, I can totally tell the difference. Might as well use the extra battery power and take the performance hit to crank the resolution when my eyes aren't capable of resolving the pixels any differently.

And im sure it will bounce right back up with in a few weeks

Not a fan of Apple but can see why people like their stuff. I still remember when Apple was not doing so well when they let Jobs go. Whenever the real crash happens a lot of these overvalued companies won't be around. Apple is smart sitting on a bunch of cash. I would think FB and AMZN go first before AAPL. Do the tech crash threads still exist here?

If you can get lucky and BTFD, which may be ending Friday, it should be all good if you daytrade. I imagine the worst that happens is China manufacturing comes back to the States and people will be more happy than ever to pay a bit more for made in the USA Apple products. I am more bearish but see that bear moment isn't here just yet. The decks are being shuffled before the titanic hits.

Back