Windows 10 Now Active On Over 200 Million Devices

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft announced today that Windows 10 is now installed on over 200 million devices. I guess that report from last week was right on the money (here).

As we start the new year, I want to provide an update on Windows 10 and Windows 10 devices. We continue to be excited – and humbled – by the incredible response to Windows 10. First, a few updates on how we’re tracking toward our goal of seeing Windows 10 active on more than one billion devices. As of today, there are more than 200 million monthly active devices around the world running Windows 10.

Its amazing what kind of numbers you can get when you don't ask before preloading and for all intents and purposes make it upgrade automatically.

Its amazing what kind of numbers you can get when you don't ask before preloading and for all intents and purposes make it upgrade automatically.

lol, pretty much. Just seems like they're patting themselves on the back for an automated update. They might as well be cheering for windows update #KB845904350435098345 or whatever.

Lets see, they got 200 million in about 5 months. At that rate MS should be PRAY they achieve their goal of 1 billion in 2-3 years.

I predict a bunch of people will update last minute in July 2016 and MS will extend the free upgrade period to coincide with Windows 7 & 8.1 sales ending in Oct 2016. Just a hunch... :-P

Seeing as now one can use their Win7/8 key to activate shouldn't we be able to download an .iso now and install it at any time in the future for free?

Strange, since my Mom's isn't upgraded and she's not doing anything specific to prevent it from installing.
Same with my dad, who specifically decided to install it a month ago.

Seeing as now one can use their Win7/8 key to activate shouldn't we be able to download an .iso now and install it at any time in the future for free?

So you can now install 10 and use your 7/8 key without installing 7/8 first? Nice. I've got a bunch of pro keys. Guess I'll have to install some 10 VMs :)

tbf windows 10 is pretty good. Im happy with the free upgrade from win7/8.

Back