The Best Case Mods of 2015

Suck if you are all thumbs like me, would love to be able to build something like those.

What's omitted in that picture is the fact that l3p built the surface it's sitting on too. Which is also pretty rad.

Most of those were unimpressive.. "Built a tidy watercooled system into case XXX" is hardly something new. The Luna was nice though.

I know Snef, its fun to see him in this list.
But I'm really surprised to not see Yazi's Star Destroyer in the list. But I guess it isn't a case mod but a complete case creation...
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1879539&page=4
I think it was done a little late for consideration but I agree it is amazing.

Great list of mods. Love them all.

Tak Ne: Unimpressive? Uh, show me what you have built buddy. Hell I will go toe-to--toe with you ;) Did you really mean to type unimpressive?

case modding seems cool but things are outdated so soon I know a couple years after a worked to mod something I would look back at it as a waste of time

case modding seems cool but things are outdated so soon I know a couple years after a worked to mod something I would look back at it as a waste of time

hardware might get out-dated but the modding (case fab or mod) does not really. My mod that drove me from amateur to pro (Autopsy) is still amazing in terms of looks today as it was in 2007.

I tend to agree, especially if you are just an average enthusiast like me.

I really enjoy reading the build logs, because I do pick up some neat ideas and tricks, but to really do it right you need three key ingredients, time, tools, and a fat sponsor.

Most of us don't have all three.:(

I love to build up my computers, but most of my stuff is done to be used over and over as I upgrade the hardware.:D

I didn't do case mods for a living, just a hobby.

I guess modding has moved on, now you can get most things premade, and if you can't, just have it cnc cut or 3d printed. Case modding turned from modding to case assembly with a bit of tweaking.

As such neither of those cases in the 2015 list rocks my boat.

It takes just as much skill to 3d model as it does to hand fab - just a different set of skills. I do both ;)

Also consider the modding is not just the case but often water-cooling such as rigid tubing. I probably see more case mods so I have a wider perspective on what is actually going on. I encourage you to check out the current scene and maybe come back to modding. Old schoolers like you and I are still relevant buddy.

Back