MSI Sweeps The Board At 24th Taiwan Excellence Awards

HardOCP News

[H] News
The prestigious, coveted 24th Taiwan Excellence Awards are finally unveiled. The world leading gaming brand, MSI gets the nod again and takes home 13 awards for its flagship gaming laptops, top-notch gaming motherboard, high-end graphics card, gaming All-In-One PCs, mobile workstation, energy efficient Mini-PC, gaming peripheral and intelligent hotel solution.

Taiwan Excellence Award is the highest accolade awarded to MIT products that encapsulate outstanding value in R&D, Design, Quality and Marketing. It was initiated by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) in an attempt to increase the added-value of Taiwan's products and Taiwan's international competitiveness by actively supporting improvements to product quality, design, and image. The awards were hotly contested this year, with more than 1,153 entries from 490 companies across different categories. 523 honorees from 202 companies have been strictly judged and selected by a preeminent panel of 90 scholars and industry professionals.

Among MSI's award-winning lineup, the most eye-catching are its GAMING series products that range from GT80S Titan SLI, GS60 6QE Ghost Pro (4K), GT72S 6QE Pro G, GT72 Tobii laptops to the X99A GODLIKE GAMING motherboard, GTX 970 GAMING 100ME graphics card as well as 24" and 27" gaming All-in-One PCs. The rest of the fascinating lineup includes the WS60 6QJ mobile workstation, energy efficient Cubi Mini-PC, the Thunderstorm aluminum gaming mousepad and the Intelligent Hotel Solution.

Well deserved although I've been having issues with their stuff lately. My MSI 970 just died out of nowhere few days ago. Second MSI GPU to die withing 2 years of purchase (first was an AMD 7950 that I RMA'd once before) so for now I stopped buying MSI GPU's.

I've been a fan of MSI ever since I ran my 790FX-GD70 with a X4 965 and X6 1090T. They really stepped up their game and afaik I remember reading they hired a bunch of Abit's engineers which makes sense cause I loved Abit and can see parallels between the two.

That being said, I really dislike the color scheme of all their latest shit. Asus started the whole black/red "gamer" thing years ago and now Gigabyte, MSI and everyone else has jumped on board. It really makes mod projects and color coordinated builds incredibly boring. I miss the oranges on giga's boards, the yellow and MSI/Asrock etc. It's all just boring, drab black and red now.

Kudos to MSI though, well deserved on the engineering front.

That being said, I really dislike the color scheme of all their latest shit. Asus started the whole black/red "gamer" thing years ago and now Gigabyte, MSI and everyone else has jumped on board. It really makes mod projects and color coordinated builds incredibly boring. I miss the oranges on giga's boards, the yellow and MSI/Asrock etc. It's all just boring, drab black and red now.

It's probably done because those colors are "safe" for their broader market appeal since even among people that willingly identify themselves as a part of the so-called "gamer" consumer group, there's differences of opinion about what colors are appealing to them and neutral, yet still aggressive colors like black and red capture the majority of that group without being too off-putting for people that want other color schemes.

Back