Tiny Working V8 Engine Made Out Of Paper

You do realize that more than one type of engine exists?

Yes, but the V in V8 refers to the arrangement of the cylinders. I supposed he could be referring to a steam engine, but then again those weren't ever called V8's either... not marine OR locomotive.

I think it's safe to say the term "v8" definitely refers to an internal combustion engine.

So something like this, but obviously paper won't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9zt3SF_Flc

Yes, but the V in V8 refers to the arrangement of the cylinders.

V8 refers to the arrangement of the cylinders? I count 8 cylinders, in what suspiciously looks like a V formation in the video, complete with valves, pistons, and a crank shaft.

V8 doesn't say anything about the motive force behind the pistons - whether it be exploding fossils, exploding corn, or compressed air.

That is an impressive bit of paper craftsmanship. Damn thing even sounds like a v8 (with good mufflers).

thats pretty effing cool. wish i had that kind of patience.

Ok... why? Why does this exist and who thought it was a valid use of their time?

Probably makes more power then an early 80's stock V8. Definitely more efficient.

V8 refers to the arrangement of the cylinders? I count 8 cylinders, in what suspiciously looks like a V formation in the video, complete with valves, pistons, and a crank shaft.

V8 doesn't say anything about the motive force behind the pistons - whether it be exploding fossils, exploding corn, or compressed air.

Really bro, is that your argument? You're trying so hard.

Really bro, is that your argument? You're trying so hard.

I'd agree with Kahm's argument. It's definitely an 8 cylinder engine with two banks of cylinders in a V formation. It's not internal combustion and runs on compressed air, but so what? Lets see an internal combustion engine run without any fuel.

I'd agree with Kahm's argument. It's definitely an 8 cylinder engine with two banks of cylinders in a V formation. It's not internal combustion and runs on compressed air, but so what? Lets see an internal combustion engine run without any fuel.

I never said it didn't run, I said it didn't work.

2 things aren't really up for debate here. 1. In common vernacular, the term v8 refers to an 8 cylinder ICE. 2. That Engine doesn't perform work.

Good day.

Would like to see this made of toilet paper and be autonomous. That way it can clean my butt and cast itself into the briny sea.

I never said it didn't run, I said it didn't work.

2 things aren't really up for debate here. 1. In common vernacular, the term v8 refers to an 8 cylinder ICE. 2. That Engine doesn't perform work.

Good day.

What it refers to and what it actually means are two different things. The title isn't "A working paper ICE" If it did, you'd be right. It actually says "Tiny working V8 engine made out of paper"

V refers to the arraignment of cylinders, 8 refers to the number of cylinders.

This paper engine is in a V and has eight cylinders.

The title is correct. No one is claiming this is an ICE.

Back