Working Cell Phone With Video Calling In Minecraft

With a screen that big it's hard to tell if several generations behind, or several generations ahead.....

Not sure if I am being difficult to amuse or that really isn't impressive?

Not sure if I am being difficult to amuse or that really isn't impressive?

This is my problem with Minecraft as a whole. My son loves it, and in a perfect world I would love it too and we could bond over our shared love as we built and mined and crafted, etc. etc.

But the whole concept leaves me cold. I want story. I want quests. I want graphics that don't take me back to playing Questron on my dad's Commodore 64. I just... can't.

Someday my son will sit in a therapist's office and moan about how I never loved him enough to share all those brilliant Minecraft memories. And I have to live with that.

Sob.

This is my problem with Minecraft as a whole. My son loves it, and in a perfect world I would love it too and we could bond over our shared love as we built and mined and crafted, etc. etc.

But the whole concept leaves me cold. I want story. I want quests. I want graphics that don't take me back to playing Questron on my dad's Commodore 64. I just... can't.

Someday my son will sit in a therapist's office and moan about how I never loved him enough to share all those brilliant Minecraft memories. And I have to live with that.

Sob.

It's okay. I doubt most parents played Legos with their kids either, and Minecraft is basically digital Legos with even more creative possibilities. On the bright side it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Legos. :)

Quests, sure. Minecraft would benefit for having some kind of questing system. Story isn't a big draw to a sandbox game, so meh. As for graphics, what exactly does one expect from a game about placing and removing blocks? How much better is a block-based game supposed to look beyond already existing shader mods?

Or you could just install ComputerCraft and get an actual web browser

Sob.

While it isn't your typical quests you could venture into some modpacks which have the hardcore quest mode mod, gives you a book with a bunch of quests related to the pack, as for the graphics...no idea

The game is really one large quest to get to the end and kill the dragon, there's just no story or instructions on how or why you should do it lol.

Sob.

My kiddos play Minecraft and consume countless hours of let's plays and such. What I do when I play is pick something I haven't done before and set that as my goal each play session. I end up asking my kids how to do lots of things, and they come and help show me what to do and help me solve problems. After 2-3 years of intermittent playing I finally went to the Nether for the first time last week and that provided them with much amusement as I ran around getting killed multiple times yelling "what is that? O GOD WHY AM I ON FIRE"

Good bonding times. Helps them learn how to share information, helps build their confidence.

Yeah graphics are... meh, but I think that serves to not distract from the core gameplay, which for me is goal setting and problem solving. Watch a Let's play, say "wow that looks cool", figure out how to build it, get kids to help.

My kiddos play Minecraft and consume countless hours of let's plays and such. What I do when I play is pick something I haven't done before and set that as my goal each play session. I end up asking my kids how to do lots of things, and they come and help show me what to do and help me solve problems. After 2-3 years of intermittent playing I finally went to the Nether for the first time last week and that provided them with much amusement as I ran around getting killed multiple times yelling "what is that? O GOD WHY AM I ON FIRE"

Good bonding times. Helps them learn how to share information, helps build their confidence.

Yeah graphics are... meh, but I think that serves to not distract from the core gameplay, which for me is goal setting and problem solving. Watch a Let's play, say "wow that looks cool", figure out how to build it, get kids to help.

Graphics arnt everything. The creator of crysis made less money off of it then the maker of minecraft did and most people here would agree crysis had better graphics so this indicates graphics are far from the most important aspect in videogames.

Graphics arnt everything. The creator of crysis made less money off of it then the maker of minecraft did and most people here would agree crysis had better graphics so this indicates graphics are far from the most important aspect in videogames.

Hard to really create that comparison. You would need an identical minecraft version with much improved graphics and a higher pricetag to see if people pay the difference just for graphics. Also look how many people use mods to improve minecrafts look.

Also, my computer could play minecraft, not crysis lol.

Hard to really create that comparison. You would need an identical minecraft version with much improved graphics and a higher pricetag to see if people pay the difference just for graphics. Also look how many people use mods to improve minecrafts look.

Also, my computer could play minecraft, not crysis lol.

You know what, your right. I was comparing apples to oranges, sorry!

Back