PS4 Sales Hit 30 Million Worldwide

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Sony claims this is the “fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history,” and I’m sure they are going to sell a lot more with all the $299 deals this holiday.

The 30 million sales milestone was achieved just weeks after a series of PS4 price cuts across North America, Australia, Japan, and Europe. Andrew House, the group chief executive at PlayStation said: "We are sincerely grateful that gamers across the globe have continued to choose PS4 as the best place to play since launch two years ago."

In before XBox is dead posts! :D Well, good for Sony, they need all the money they can get.

I bought one from Newegg last week on sale. I'm an Xbox guy and only bought it to play The Last of Us now that the price has come down. Other than that, the Xbox will be my go to machine.

I bought one from Newegg last week on sale. I'm an Xbox guy and only bought it to play The Last of Us now that the price has come down. Other than that, the Xbox will be my go to machine.

You only bought it to play a $20 game? :confused:

You only bought it to play a $20 game? :confused:

Nothing wrong with that. Folks around here will spend $700 on a video card just to play a $20 game maxed out. :) Not me but, I will spend up to $400 at least.

I bought mine just to play Star Wars Battlefront. I love the game but suck at it.

I wanted to get the remastered edition and didn't want to grab an "outdated" console in case there are more titles I want to try.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Your money and you saw value so who am I to say anything. I myself am contemplating a wii U just for mario kart.

My PS4 collects dust. Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at the moment on the Xbox One. Every time I hear Greatness Awaits marketing from Sony, I keep waiting to find out what is so great. I like the PS4 just no games, at least games I can't already play on the PC, my Xbox One is for exclusives, which is also why I bought the PS4 and the only reason I bought one is because I bought LE Batman console with the cool gunmetal controller.

I just got the PS4 I also have the xbox one, for me the xbox wins in build quality, UI and the controller. The PS4 seems to have slightly better graphic and slightly smooth game play however in saying that that I've only tested one game so far which was star wars batterfront.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Your money and you saw value so who am I to say anything. I myself am contemplating a wii U just for mario kart.

Mario kart is alright for a little but gets old fast and there are a few things i dont like about the game, one being that you have to drift around every turn, there is no way around it and to drift you hold a button then let go after the turn, its very annoying.

adorable how kneejerk-defensive some people are

Yup. No one mentioned anything about the death of the Xbox other than him....

I'm picking up a PS4 for Christmas. I own Last of Us on the PS3, but I want the remastered version. Yes, it's a great game. I'm grabbing the Uncharted edition as I love those games, too. Other than that, I'm not really sure what other games to get. Most non-exclusive games will be on the Xbox One (like the controller better, Xbox Live has more friends, etc.).

Death to the Xbox One! It's dying! PS4 sold more, so that obviously means everyone else sucks! :D

Yup. No one mentioned anything about the death of the Xbox other than him....

I'm picking up a PS4 for Christmas. I own Last of Us on the PS3, but I want the remastered version. Yes, it's a great game. I'm grabbing the Uncharted edition as I love those games, too. Other than that, I'm not really sure what other games to get. Most non-exclusive games will be on the Xbox One (like the controller better, Xbox Live has more friends, etc.).

Death to the Xbox One! It's dying! PS4 sold more, so that obviously means everyone else sucks! :D

Yes I have to say this has been the best posts so far for a console topic.

And to be fair, to say a console sucks should only be used for things like virtual boy....

I wanted to get the remastered edition and didn't want to grab an "outdated" console in case there are more titles I want to try.

I'm so late to this but honestly I did the same. I got my PS4 with TLoU because I didn't get it in PS3 and saw little reason to get an outdated version. I did already have further games in mind for the console though not just the one.

My PS4 collects dust. Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider at the moment on the Xbox One. Every time I hear Greatness Awaits marketing from Sony, I keep waiting to find out what is so great. I like the PS4 just no games, at least games I can't already play on the PC, my Xbox One is for exclusives, which is also why I bought the PS4 and the only reason I bought one is because I bought LE Batman console with the cool gunmetal controller.

Sony doesn't need to bribe all the developers to make everything exclusive because the PS4 is trouncing the XBone all on its own.

Back