Cool Video of the Day

it does look pretty cool. it looks very CGI like. and that one slow spinning fan annoys me...

I love how their videos explode all over the internet shortly after they put them up lol

I am always amazed at how fire looks in slow motion. it doesn't look real.

I found an anomaly moments after 2:15. It's normal to perceive the blades moving slowly at high speeds, and during the transition into slow-mo, the ones that appear 'slow' can be seen spinning more clearly.

But the effect is not evident with the fan in the bottom right of that scene. It appears that its RPM remains the same at both normal speed and in slow motion. The exact moment is 2:19. For reference, the second-to-right fan also appears 'slow' at full speed but the illusion is very evident during the transition. Not so for the far-right fan. Is the rate the framerate changes just coincidentally the exact curve needed to make the fan break time like that?

I know that's a little neurotic and a detour from the point of the video, but it's bugging the crap out of me.

It looks CGI, and that crappy fan arrangement, I don't know, I think it would be a pain in the butt to get a funnel out of boxed fans, let alone kind of in a shitty arrangement.

They made a Fire-Tornado. Someone call SyFy quick !!!

They might be able to kill Shark-Nado with Fire-Nado!

It looks CGI, and that crappy fan arrangement, I don't know, I think it would be a pain in the butt to get a funnel out of boxed fans, let alone kind of in a shitty arrangement.

It's obviously not CGI and the fans are arranged off-angle so they cause the vortex to happen - they're not pointed directly at the fire itself (or the bucket in the center), they're pointed just off-center by about 15 degrees to the right.

Back