Price List for Secret Hacker Techniques

HardOCP News

[H] News
Holy cow! I had no idea hackers were charging this kind of money for stuff like this. :eek:

An attack that can fully, remotely take over a victim’s computer through his or her Safari or Internet Explorer browser, for instance, fetches a price of as much as $50,000. For the harder target of Google Chrome, Zerodium’s price rises to $80,000. Remote exploits that entirely defeat the security of an Android or Windows Phone device go for as much as $100,000. And an iOS attack can earn a hacker half a million dollars, by far the highest price on the list.

Wasnt a company paying a million dollars for some secret exploit a little while ago? THIS IS HALF OFF!

I'm surprised Windows Phone is on the same level as Android. Maybe they just get more ones for Android so they're worth less?

Flash player is higher than I thought considering they have a new exploit approximately every ten minutes...

I'm surprised Windows Phone is on the same level as Android. Maybe they just get more ones for Android so they're worth less?

Smaller user base on Windows Phone, so less people with skills as well as requests to do so drives up cost.

I'm surprised wordpress wasn't higher because that round of exploitable plugins was wide-spread and terrible. However, you could make a decent salary off of adobe if that chart were true.

Honestly, where is the market for stuff like this? the people that can afford to pay for a IOS hack usually have people on payroll that can already do it.

Shows that IOS is the way to go, still. Hardest and most expensive attack route.

Honestly, where is the market for stuff like this? the people that can afford to pay for a IOS hack usually have people on payroll that can already do it.

They could pay for instant gratification versus waiting for a hired developer to figure it out themselves.

Back