Tiny NVIDIA Supercomputer to Bring AI to New Generation of Autonomous Robots and Dron

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA today unveiled a credit-card sized module that harnesses the power of machine learning to enable a new generation of smart, autonomous machines that can learn. The NVIDIA® Jetson™ TX1 module addresses the challenge of creating a new wave of millions of smart devices -- drones that don't just fly by remote control, but navigate their way through a forest for search and rescue; compact security surveillance systems that don't just scan crowds, but identify suspicious activity; and robots that don't just perform tasks, but tailor them to individuals' habits -- by incorporating capabilities such as machine learning, computer vision, navigation and more.

I wonder if twenty years from now we will be looking back at today and seeing a way of life we want to go back to? Or one that seems barbaric? Hopefully I can be retired by then and it will only be an academic question, not a survival question.

Nvidia needs to step their game up in the graphics department so I can have realtime CGI level sex slave robots.

Nvidia needs to step their game up in the graphics department so I can have realtime CGI level sex slave robots.

Vladimir-Putin-Clapping.gif

Back