Facebook Reaches 1B Daily Users

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook has more than one billion daily users? Damn, that's a lot of pokes and likes. :eek:

Revenue and profits at Facebook (FB) beat Wall Street's expectations for the third quarter, as for the first time, more than 1 billion people a day on average used the massive social network. Facebook shares jumped as much as 5% in after-hours trading.

Wow 1/7th of the country is using facebook daily. I thought facebook was dead?...

Really? I always assumed when people said that they were joking. I communicate via FB far more than email. Email is mostly family and ads from stores (i.e. Newegg, Amazon etc)

I haven't used FB for years but I still don't know what the hell a FB 'poke' is.. Just a whiny 'please don't ignore me button? Maybe I don't have irritating friends or something. Don't get me wrong, even after leaving FB some are rather irritating. I just have never been officially 'poked' on FB before, nor felt the need to use the option on anyone else.

So, the data pool is 1 billion souls deep. Gobble must be jelly.

Yep, bet there are 10+ fake accounts for every real account.

This seems to be rather common. Friend invite from a random (I only have FB to admin a business page), then next day I see a suglasses/shirts/bags pending wall post. Block, report, fail.

Yep, bet there are 10+ fake accounts for every real account.
Perhaps. And, it's not 1 billion different people (unless they count every email they send out that says 'dick dild0 updated his status' as 'one use'; I get about 20 of those things every day, not counting how many wind up in the spam folder, and I only access fartbook about once every two weeks). It's ten million kids accessing it 100 times a day. Pretty much everyone I know under 25 walks around with their phone glued to their hand playing farmville or some other dumb crap in between posting all the 'look at what my cat/kid/dog/boyfriend/girlfriend did' and selfie pictures and tidbits. 99.999999% of what's on facebook is nonsense.

Perhaps. And, it's not 1 billion different people (unless they count every email they send out that says 'dick dild0 updated his status' as 'one use'; I get about 20 of those things every day, not counting how many wind up in the spam folder, and I only access fartbook about once every two weeks). It's ten million kids accessing it 100 times a day. Pretty much everyone I know under 25 walks around with their phone glued to their hand playing farmville or some other dumb crap in between posting all the 'look at what my cat/kid/dog/boyfriend/girlfriend did' and selfie pictures and tidbits. 99.999999% of what's on facebook is nonsense.

It's 1 billion unique users. And it really doesn't matter if they're playing farmville. Facebook makes money no matter what they're doing.

More like 100 million unique users and 900 million bot accounts. I don't buy 1 billion users for even a second.

I'd believe that 1 billion is pretty accurate. I'm pretty sure there are AT LEAST that many complete idiots on the planet with Internet access and businesses with an interest in having a Facebook presence in order to exploit them.

I'd believe that 1 billion is pretty accurate. I'm pretty sure there are AT LEAST that many complete idiots on the planet with Internet access and businesses with an interest in having a Facebook presence in order to exploit them.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe 1 in 7 people are utter and compete morons. I just don't believe they are all on Facebook.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe 1 in 7 people are utter and compete morons. I just don't believe they are all on Facebook.

I tend to think the people who feel the need to talk down about people who use FB to be those morons, mainly because they still actually think social media is only about posting updates about what you eat, and not the actual daily tool for communicating on multiple levels that are actually very legitimate and convenient.

I guess it's a pretty big number to just outright believe, but there are a lot of morons on the planet and I bet many of them would argue they have "legitimate, multi-level communication" on Facebook.

Then again, I wouldn't put it past Facebook's leadership to twist their metrics as much as possible to put a positive spin on their service. They are kinda sorta biased.

Right. Every time you access facebook, and then sign out, you're a 'unique user', and it's one 'use'. It doesn't say a billion accounts are accessed every day.
Zuckerberg was very explicity. 1 in 7 people logged into Facebook. That means they're unique users, not people logging in and out (never mind that most people don't log out of FB).

Back