16-Bit Mad Max: Fury Road

This looks like a lot more fun than the actual licensed Mad Max game that just recently came out. :)

mindblown.gif

It looks fun, but I prefer the full 3D game. Different strokes I guess.

It looks fun, but I prefer the full 3D game. Different strokes I guess.

Have you played the new game? Just watching my son play it bored me to tears. (8-bit Cinema just makes those videos, too bad it isn't a real game)

I have played the new Mad Max game and quite frankly, I really liked it.

Have you played the new game? Just watching my son play it bored me to tears. (8-bit Cinema just makes those videos, too bad it isn't a real game)

Yep, bought/played Day 1. Excellent game if you're into blowing shit up and the Batman Arkham style of gameplay. I admit, I only really play games for like an hour at a time a few times a week, but I never got the "I'm bored" feeling while playing.

It's like Destiny - I watch my brother in law play it all the time, and it looks stupid as fuck. But, a lot of people love that game.

I like this 16-bit version, though. Reminds me of Super Star Wars on the SNES. Not saying the new game is bad, but this version would be bad ass if someone made it.

Played it and loved it. I got bored after a while of the repetitive base clearing but easily got my moneys worth. It's still great to hop on and play for an hour here or there.

Played it and loved it. I got bored after a while of the repetitive base clearing but easily got my moneys worth. It's still great to hop on and play for an hour here or there.

Bought it off CDKEYS for $15. :)

I have an HTPC. So, I get to play PC games on a big screen like they are on a console. Use a 360 gamepad too.

The Mad Max game was fun as shit. Anyone that says otherwise probably hasn't played it or must just not like video games. Especially those that call it repetitive while praising games like Metal Gear Solid 5 or Arkham Knight.

One of the few games in a looong time that really kept me hooked.

I wish lol. Max is the kind of game I enjoy on the big screen from the couch in the living room so xbox it was. Being able to game share with my brother and his kids though makes it worth the extra cost.

I use gamepad for driving and walking about but when it comes to fighting, I use the keyboard.

The Mad Max game was fun as shit. Anyone that says otherwise probably hasn't played it or must just not like video games. Especially those that call it repetitive while praising games like Metal Gear Solid 5 or Arkham Knight.

Same here. One of the first games this year I bothered to complete. I was able to get all the threat levels to zero and spent way too much time hunting for relics. Excellent game.

This was more like 8 bit.....reminds me of early NES games. lol Actually probably just as entertaining as the movie.

This 8-bit thing is really getting old. And why so long? I got bored after 20 seconds, fast forwarded to 3 minutes and it's the same thing. Where is the punchline? or the actual "entertainment" you speak of?

And the movie was great, and the game is even better, probably the best game I played so far this year. Heck, it's actually the first game that was worth buying this year.

wtf, I only watched this to see the glorious tanker truck explosion and he didnt even include it. Damnit damnit sunuvabitch

I bought it, played it through...

It IS really repetitive and as mentioned those "Top Dog" bosses were only different color, no variation of their attacks whats so ever.

Story was pretty crap, and over before you knew what was going on.

Seemed like they missed all sorts of opportunities to make the game much more than a less than average open world game.

Combat, both vehicle and hand to hand was pretty shallow. Yes it has that arkham fun to repeatedly beat massive amount of bad guys feel but wasn't nearly as smooth or variable in the transitions/moves/animations.

That said...

The world was excellent, driving around was its own joy. Bases and landscapes fit well and was done well.

The cars and modifications were pretty good also, though most was pointless but this did give you the room to make any looking vehicle you wanted.

They got "Mad Max" right, felt like I was in the post apocalyptic world.

At the end of the day though it was a play and throw away open world game, it was too shallow to be forgiven for its story, and its repetitive nature didn't have strong enough content to make it worth it.

If they would have had unique top dogs, or more impact with the base building and threat system (like seeing friendlies drive around help out or something) it would have been much better with just those two areas.

I didn't think it was a horrible game, I did have fun, but I didn't play it nearly as long as I do other open world games.

It is was a (WB) movie tie in game that did not make one instantly and constantly simultaneously bleed from the eyes and ears.

Did the corporate movie shadow hands try to make it a '"cinema-graphic" game play experience'?
Yes, yes they did.

Did the CMSH apply 'direction' notes to reduce production costs ( both in game complexity and production time(d to co-inside with the movie release))
Yes, yes they did.

Did this completely cripple the game as it normally would when corporate types start trying to produce and direct a 30 or 40 hour interactive game play experience the same way one produces and directs a two hour ( captive, non-interactive ) experience ?

NO, oddly Avalanche Studios managed to pluck a couple of gems from what is otherwise a fester cess-pool fueled by manure , dealing with the devil type of scenario ( movie games and multiple corporate interests )

Is the game fun?
Yes, immensely at times

Does it have game breaking moments?
YEs, without a doubt ( fade to black after every interaction cut scene, kind of flattened combat system, that sudden change in game play for one ( advancement ) critical race, a lack of mass effect like depth of interaction , obvious cost cutting by recycling game assets/scenarios )

Could this game have been the beginning of an Epic frnchise?
Without a doubt. I mean how hard is it to check the Warren Spector hand book?

The game walked where it should have run , and ran where it should have soared.

The good bit is that it has those 'running' moments at all . Frankly I think Avalanche pulled a miracle off on the development side of this game ;
It's gorgeous
It's a solid performing game engine ( i only fell through the mesh once )

It was certainly worth 16 bucks

I think anyone that remembers and liked Interstate 76 would find the fun bit of MAd max very fun indeed ( and, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, Avalanche, it sure would be nice if we could have some mod tools as this engine seems to have all the assets perfectly positioned for a fine re-make of interstate 76 )

Title made me think that this game supported 16-bit color! Unfortunately, I am one of the few gamers left that has a display capable of those kinds of depths, plus getting a graphics card to output the signal would be a feat in itself.

Back