You Can Find An Organ Donor On Social Media

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need a kidney? Have you tried Facebook? No luck? Try Twitter. Those are the places I would go if I needed an organ transplant. Wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Social media sites like Facebook are known for connecting people around the world as never before. They are also facilitating a somewhat illegal practice of buying and selling organs, according to an investigation from Al Jazeera.

We still have laws in the USA? our terrorist president breaks them every day and it's ok for planned parenthood to murder live babies and pawn off the good parts to the highest bidder but its against some rule that we can't buy someones lung off twitter?

I'm glad I live way back here in the wood and need not to socialize often with this strange world we now live in.

We still have laws in the USA? our terrorist president breaks them every day and it's ok for planned parenthood to murder live babies and pawn off the good parts to the highest bidder but its against some rule that we can't buy someones lung off twitter?

I'm glad I live way back here in the wood and need not to socialize often with this strange world we now live in.

Do you live in Colorado or something?

How is this much different from older media? Drawing attention to a need has certainly worked for blood drives and organ donation requests all the way back to print newspapers, at least in times of modern medicine.

Do you live in Colorado or something?

No I live in West Virginia and I live pretty remote as in it's a considerable drive to get to a black top road. Comcast has a major line cutting across this territory just over the ridge so I have a pretty fat pipe.

You guys can think I'm crazy and I am ok with that. I live outside the box that thinks its ok for our president to hand the bomb to an iranian leader who is on live TV yelling Kill American Kill America. I also do not think that it is ok to murder babies. Why is life over when the heart stops and not beginning when it starts? Why is a one cell organism considered life on mars when a complex developing human being that has feeling, growth and emotion considered expendable goods.

No I live in West Virginia and I live pretty remote as in it's a considerable drive to get to a black top road. Comcast has a major line cutting across this territory just over the ridge so I have a pretty fat pipe.

You guys can think I'm crazy and I am ok with that. I live outside the box that thinks its ok for our president to hand the bomb to an iranian leader who is on live TV yelling Kill American Kill America. I also do not think that it is ok to murder babies. Why is life over when the heart stops and not beginning when it starts? Why is a one cell organism considered life on mars when a complex developing human being that has feeling, growth and emotion considered expendable goods.

But apparently you don't consider doing actual research into your beliefs and just instead go with whatever Fox news is saying as fact.

But apparently you don't consider doing actual research into your beliefs and just instead go with whatever Fox news is saying as fact.

fox news is just slightly more reputable than all the other news outlets. I see you research on MSN bravo for you. Go to glwiz . com or even the BBC and watch iranian TV. No research required when you can physically watch this terrorist live on TV laugh at how stupid America is and state that the funds given them will directly be used to attack us.

As for the planned parent hood murderers, Go watch those videos then come back here and tell me that is ok. Watch that live kicking screaming baby on a stainless steel table stabbed through the voice box to silence it then cut limb to limb while twitching to have it's organs harvested. Come back here and tell me with out a tear in you eye that this is humane and ok

Here is a like for you to go watch. I however determine that you are an obama supporter therefor not intelligent enough for civilized debate.

fox news is just slightly more reputable than all the other news outlets. I see you research on MSN bravo for you. Go to glwiz . com or even the BBC and watch iranian TV. No research required when you can physically watch this terrorist live on TV laugh at how stupid America is and state that the funds given them will directly be used to attack us.

As for the planned parent hood murderers, Go watch those videos then come back here and tell me that is ok. Watch that live kicking screaming baby on a stainless steel table stabbed through the voice box to silence it then cut limb to limb while twitching to have it's organs harvested. Come back here and tell me with out a tear in you eye that this is humane and ok

Here is a like for you to go watch. I however determine that you are an obama supporter therefor not intelligent enough for civilized debate.

I'm not an Obama supporter, the fact that you don't know that the video in question was from something else entirely is telling. The rest of that drivel you call a post isn't worth responding to.

Need a kidney? Have you tried Facebook? No luck? Try Twitter. Those are the places I would go if I needed an organ transplant. Wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Social media sites like Facebook are known for connecting people around the world as never before. They are also facilitating a somewhat illegal practice of buying and selling organs, according to an investigation from Al Jazeera.

To a certain extent yes. The wife still needs a kidney (she's been on dialysis for 11(?) years now), but no luck. That's why I'm doing a paired exchange, to show people that I'm not willing to let a stranger do something for my wife, that I wouldn't do as well.

Lay off the moonshine, mountain man.

It's legal, I can make 5 gallons per year for personal consumption. Then so can my wife, daughter, mother in law. If you have a race car you can actually make 25 gallons a week but that's to "highly distilled" for consumption.

As for the planned parent hood murderers, Go watch those videos then come back here and tell me that is ok. Watch that live kicking screaming baby on a stainless steel table stabbed through the voice box to silence it then cut limb to limb while twitching to have it's organs harvested.

I dont have the stomach to watch videos like this so please dont link but surely this cant be true. Anyone out there that isn't AK0ta can confirm this?

I dont have the stomach to watch videos like this so please dont link but surely this cant be true. Anyone out there that isn't AK0ta can confirm this?
It is absolutely not true. It began as a combination of intentional misattribution and hyperbole (read: LIE) in the republican primary debate and was picked up and spread by others (who failed to fact check the lie, like Ak0ta) to further their own ends.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/factchecking-the-cnn-republican-debate/

Fiorina on Planned Parenthood

Carly Fiorina spoke out against Planned Parenthood regarding the controversial videos released over the last few months. The scene she described, though, does not exist in any of the videos.

Fiorina: I dare Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama to watch these tapes. Watch a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking while someone says we have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.

We are aware of no video showing such a scene. The videos, released by the Center for Medical Progress beginning on July 14, have focused on fetal tissue being collected for research and have shown some aborted fetal tissue. As we wrote before, the use of donated fetal tissue has been important in several areas of scientific research.

Fiorina’s description matches up with one of the videos in a series the Center for Medical Progress has called “Human Capital” — but only with regard to how an interviewee describes her experience. Holly O’Donnell, an “ex-procurement technician” for StemExpress, a company that procures fetal tissue from Planned Parenthood clinics, relates a story of an intact fetus. She says that a Planned Parenthood doctor “taps the heart and it starts beating,” and then instructs her to remove its brain for collection.

The video does contain images of what appear to be intact fetuses, but they don’t fit Fiorina’s description. In one, where a fetus does appear to move, there is a caption saying that the footage is from the pro-life Grantham Collection and Center for Bio-Ethical Reform; there is no indication as to where the footage was shot. In the other, it was revealed after the video’s release that the image was of a stillborn baby, rather than an aborted fetus.

Though we cannot verify if part or all of O’Donnell’s story is true, the scene Fiorina “dares” others to watch is not present in any of the Planned Parenthood videos.

I'm good right now but I might need a liver in my future. I should get started on it right after I drink this case of beer.

That's cool, when people come in with inconvenient facts, being attacked is fully expected. :cool: He is correct but, he is also saying what is unpopular which rarely gets an up vote or like. :eek: What else is there to say since you all do not appear to want your mind changed. :rolleyes:

Why is life over when the heart stops and not beginning when it starts? Why is a one cell organism considered life on mars when a complex developing human being that has feeling, growth and emotion considered expendable goods.

I fully agree. This is why I think pregnant women should have to pay double for tickets to any event or for transportation. As they are two people not just one. I also think that as soon as you get pregnant you should have to start paying extra for health insurance right away. After all you have to pay for insurance for the child once it is born, so we just need to move that back to day of conception.

There is only one way to do this though. We need new clinics that only do pregnancy exams and all woman should be forced to report for a weekly test, and be forced by law to carry said documents showing that they are not pregnant when this information is requested.

As for the issue at hand here. I think the problem that they have with you buying an organ off of social media is how you go back acquiring it. Want to make sure that you aren't going to have people trying to pay lots of money for organs and then you end up with people not donating through normal means but instead are offering to sell to the highest bidder.

They have certain rules in place and are trying to keep everyone following just those rules and keep a somewhat organized method to who gets what.

Back