Intel Unleashes Most Powerful Data Center SSD

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel today unveiled the Intel Solid State Drive DC P3608 Series, its highest performing SSD for the Data Center. The Intel SSD DC P3608 Series delivers high-performance and low latency with NVMe and eight lanes of PCIe 3.0 to eliminate bottlenecks in HPC workflows, accelerate databases, and gain business insights through real time analytics. A unique NVMe dual-controller architecture allows efficient scaling with Intel Xeon Processors with multiple cores, evenly distributing the IO of up to 850K random read IOPS while the PCIe 3.0 x8 link enables data transfers of 5GB/s. The Intel SSD DC P3608 Series is available in capacities of 1.6TB, 3.2TB, and 4TB in a single PCIe 3.0 x8 low-profile add-in-card.

I recently shifted gears from user support in a large org to User/Datacenter support in a small org that has a nicely overbuilt datacenter. I need to slip some of these into an upcoming budget request! :D

You probably need to be an Arabian prince and have at least 5 oil fields to be able to afford one of these.

It starts to become pointless IMO. Better spend money on extra ram and run your workload from a RAM disk. I bet you have money left over for the big UPS to avoid data loss...

If you want to go completely Nucking Futs, buy a Violin Memory 6600 appliance.

Back