Another Google Balloon Falls From The Sky

HardOCP News

[H] News
Didn't the same thing just happen late last year and then again in March? Google might want to brush up on its balloon landing skills. :D

A giant Google researchballoon caused quite a shock for some Southern California neighbors when it fell out of the sky onto a quiet street in Chino Hills. The fifty foot balloon crash-landed in a palm tree. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Random balloons, delivery drones, flying cars. For some odd reason I see an uptick in "bunker" homes in our future :).

Now to go to a different direction, those lawns look awfully green for a state that is in a major fucking drought for the 4th year running in a climate that is typically hot and would require a ton of water to keep grass that green.

I wonder what the legal protocol for this is? This is a private companies property just randomly falling out of the sky.

Are there penalties? Do they get fined?

Or does the government (especially California) just say "Oh Google, your so crazy!"?

The company would be liable for any damage, at the very least. There may also be issue with the FAA or FCC depending on the altitudes it passes through and whatnot .. but I don't know, probably not.

In this case they will be responsible to get the balloon and that's probably it. I don't think it would be much different in any other state either.

Back