Transformer Failure Takes Out Fujitsu Data Center

HardOCP News

[H] News
I knew it! The Decepticons must have been behind the power outage at Fujitsu's data center in Sunnyvale.

Fujitsu has acknowledged that a major power transformer failure took down its Sunnyvale data center on August 22nd. The failure was not within the data center itself but in the substation that provides power to the facility and under the control of their energy provider, not Fujitsu.

My first thought when I read the title was that Starscream got shot down and crashed into a Datacenter.

I am guessing that this is not a critical datacenter since they apparently didn't have backup power?

Shouldn't the Datacenter have backup generators?

A couple months ago the datacenter we rent a rack from had a power issue, it wouldn't transfer power back to the utility lines correctly in half the racks. So they ran the generators for that half for 4 days while the engineers fixed the problem. In no time were we down (we were on the side with the issue).

Shouldn't the Datacenter have backup generators?

A couple months ago the datacenter we rent a rack from had a power issue, it wouldn't transfer power back to the utility lines correctly in half the racks. So they ran the generators for that half for 4 days while the engineers fixed the problem. In no time were we down (we were on the side with the issue).

Ideally that's how it should be.

Odd that a single failure took down a datacenter. Normally these have multiple power grids providing power

Sometimes, even backup generators are not enough. I still like this article when trying to justify the need for a separate off site backup system.
https://books.google.com/books?id=t...ta center power failure computerworld&f=false

The end of the article mentions what has to be one of the most poorly timed press releases ever. IIRC, the fault was later found to be a faulty firmware upgrade on the auto start controls on the generators.

Sunnyvale data center went down?

Mr. Lahey is back on the liquor.

My first thought when I read the title was that Starscream got shot down and crashed into a Datacenter.

Or that Soundwave hacked it and Megatron subsequently blew it up after running off with all the data on the location of Earth's energy sources.

Or that Soundwave hacked it and Megatron subsequently blew it up after running off with all the data on the location of Earth's energy sources.

So you were saying there are companies out there knew where all of the Energon is located???

Makes sense actually...

Back