Android Wear Is Coming To iOS

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
If you are one of the three Apple enthusiasts on the planet who want to pair their iPhone with an Android watch instead of an iWatch, you are in luck, as Huawei’s watch announcement suggests that Android Wear will get iOS support soon.

So far iPhone owners have had a limited amount of smartwatches to choose from, say just the Apple Watch and Pebble devices. Likewise, there are dozens of different Android Wear models available, each offering a slightly different look and feature set from each other. If Android Wear gains iOS compatibility, suddenly iPhone owners will have a huge selection of available smartwatches.

If it's true, it's a major change in Apple's strategy. Honestly, it's a change that would likely make Apple more money in the long run (assuming they have the best Watch OS).

On a side note, that Hauwei watch really looks like a regular watch, though I suspect the screen is off most of the time..but still it's nice. I still don't see many people in Dallas wearing these, but I saw quite a few in NY. I still think it's going to take at least 2 or 3 generations before Apples watch catches on in a big way.

People who bought their Apple jewellery aren't going to buy the wrong jewellery to accompany it.

their watches do look really nice,
smartwatch.jpg

Silver looks great, but 800 bucks for a Chinese company and android software.

Meh I'll just buy a real watch.

Back