Create Custom Tiles For Windows 10 With TileCreator

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Does the default look of pinned Win32 programs rub you the wrong way? Well, now there's an app that lets you create and customize the look of practically any tile on the Windows 10 Start menu. Keep in mind that TileCreator is fairly new and a work in progress, but it does seem to work as advertised.

With the TileCreator app, you can pin images, files, folders, and traditional desktop programs to the Start menu of Windows 10. Like OblyTile, it gives you the liberty to choose tile background color and text color.

That's one thing that is annoying about Win10. The disconnect between these because the simple right-click "send shortcut to desktop" and "add to Start menu" are missing.

That's one thing that is annoying about Win10. The disconnect between these because the simple right-click "send shortcut to desktop" and "add to Start menu" are missing.

Never used send to desktop...I always just drag it there. I"m not sure when teh add to start menu option is available in Win 8.x, but I don't see it (and don't ever recall using it, but it might be useful).

Back