Spanish Government Claims Success in Internet Piracy Fight

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though Spain is making positive strides in its fight against piracy.

The Spanish government says it's making headway in its battle against online piracy. In a report issued by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, the government claims that illegal downloads are down, with 247 sites responding positively to copyright complaints and 31 shutting down completely.

The more they try to stop piracy, the easier it gets to pirate. They shut down a lot of piracy sites but that doesn't mean piracy has dramatically stopped or it was because of anti piracy measures.

However, rather than solely attributing the successes to anti-piracy measures, Promusicae praised streaming as the industry’s savior. According to the group, streaming revenues increased 40% in the first six months of 2015 when compared to the same period last year.

Streaming I believe.

The more they try to stop piracy, the easier it gets to pirate. They shut down a lot of piracy sites but that doesn't mean piracy has dramatically stopped or it was because of anti piracy measures.

Streaming I believe.

The piracy is like the Tsunami. :rolleyes:

I blame it on the networks if they made it so you could watch everything though streaming at a resemble cost tv piracy would droop a hell of a lot. Same thing with games no one puts out demos anymore and even some AAA games are broken at launch sometimes.

The piracy is like the Tsunami. :rolleyes:
Piracy is rather out in the open like websites and even the pirate party. It's not underground or hidden. If something like bit torrent becomes impossible to use then plenty of other alternatives exist that will work anonymously. Bit torrent is just convenient and relatively easy.

Nintendo went for cartridges on the N64 and resulted in UltraHLE and cartridges were chosen to avoid piracy on CD's. It cost $1000 for a CD burner back then but downloading 8MB rom was a 56K wait away. They took down Napster and then Bit-Torrent popped up.

34321172.jpg

Piracy is rather out in the open like websites and even the pirate party. It's not underground or hidden. If something like bit torrent becomes impossible to use then plenty of other alternatives exist that will work anonymously. Bit torrent is just convenient and relatively easy.

Nintendo went for cartridges on the N64 and resulted in UltraHLE and cartridges were chosen to avoid piracy on CD's. It cost $1000 for a CD burner back then but downloading 8MB rom was a 56K wait away. They took down Napster and then Bit-Torrent popped up.

34321172.jpg

Are you sure that N64 used carts to avoid piracy?

Every time I hear talk about it, it was to keep load times a lot faster when compared to a CD.

Back