Biggest Minecraft Pixel Art In The World

Or he is an incredibly talented artist. None of you probably could do that, I know I could not.

That is umm... well it's something that's for sure! Lots of effort involved!

or some of us can do it, we just don't have the life style that allows us to put that much time into doing something like this.

So much hating. Because none of you spend any free time playing games, tinkering with your decked out pc, or any other waste of time that is not productive at all?

So much hating. Because none of you spend any free time playing games, tinkering with your decked out pc, or any other waste of time that is not productive at all?
Or not! Unemployed life does indeed do that.

"Dad, can I grow up like uncle Bob and live in your basement and build minecraft all day?"

"Dad, can I grow up like uncle Bob and live in your basement and build minecraft all day?"

so, you sit in a cubicle all day? let people do whatever they want. he's not affecting your life in any way. what if he's a rich fuck who doesn't want to go flip burgers and just does what he enjoys? unlikely, but such statemends usually come from people with really, really uninteresting lives.

World record of wasted time. I would have been more impressed if he drew this picture but seriously, pixel art of "hand placed" Mine Craft blocks. lol Wouldn't be surprised if taxpayers pay for this guy's existence.

Surprised by comments . . .

"I hate art or any form of self expression."
"1984 is my guidebook for a utopian future."
"Video games are a waste of time."
"I do not like this guy's accent, therefore I hate anything he does because I am racist."

That's what you all sound like.

Haven't posted in along time but is what H has turned into? Negative negative negative?

Can't blame everyone though, with so much garbage being pushed on people, it's rare we see something worth praising. they are just out of practice hehe

World record of wasted time. I would have been more impressed if he drew this picture but seriously, pixel art of "hand placed" Mine Craft blocks. lol Wouldn't be surprised if taxpayers pay for this guy's existence.

I would just as equally expect taxpayers pay your existence or anyone else here.

Just saying, from this side of the internet you don't appear any different than he does to anyone else. We are all faceless and mean nothing to eachother, it is a shame that the best we can muster is insults instead of inspiration or appreciation.

You don't have to be a Minecraft fan to appreciate this. A world record build that took almost twenty four weeks and 1,128,960 blocks, all placed by hand. :eek:

Pretty amazing shit. Not sure why everyone is saying he's unemployed. I've got friends making 6 figures that spend 40 hours a week gaming (when not working/taking care of kids). He just chose to create this map art instead of playing a game.

I'm more likely to game than do this, but he's got more to show for his game time than most gamers.

Not sure if "impressed", there is a PC program that converts images to the best matching minecraft blocks.

Not sure if "impressed", there is a PC program that converts images to the best matching minecraft blocks.

if they didn't do it by hand, then I'm not impressed, but if they'd used a program, would it have taken 6 months?

He laid all bricks by hand. He even says this in the video.

if they didn't do it by hand, then I'm not impressed, but if they'd used a program, would it have taken 6 months?

He's been live streaming the progress.

Yeah, his picture looks way too perfect for something done by hand.

I watched some of the earlier live stream. He's incredibly talented. During work on the more complicated areas he would regularly put down a lot of blocks, then fly into the air and look at what he had done and then go back in and make changes. I'm sure after 1.6 million hand laid blocks you get a feel for how things will look from far away.

He laid all bricks by hand. He even says this in the video.

He's been live streaming the progress.

I watched some of the earlier live stream. He's incredibly talented. During work on the more complicated areas he would regularly put down a lot of blocks, then fly into the air and look at what he had done and then go back in and make changes. I'm sure after 1.6 million hand laid blocks you get a feel for how things will look from far away.

Holy shit. Well I take it all back.

Surprised by comments . . .

"I hate art or any form of self expression."
"1984 is my guidebook for a utopian future."
"Video games are a waste of time."
"I do not like this guy's accent, therefore I hate anything he does because I am racist."

That's what you all sound like.
"Get off my lawn!"

That's what you sound like.

Yeah, his picture looks way too perfect for something done by hand.

I think the point was that the program converts pictures into Minecraft blocks, that, IMO, is the metric for whether or not he has talent or not. While yes laying the bricks is certainly time consuming as all, knowing what "colors" to make each brick is where the talent lies. Him doing it live on Twitch really only states that he has "stamina" to stick with something so tedious.

Now if he took that picture and figured it all by himself, then I would say he has talent, if he used said program and then essentially followed a massive Minecraft paint by numbers scheme, then that's where all the "sitting in your basement, with pictures of your cats on your live stream" type of comments come from and IMO probably are perfectly justified.

But who knows I certainly don't really get why people donate money to him or any other person playing games on Twitch, so maybe he makes enough money doing that to not have to be "employed" in which case bravo for him for doing what you love and finding how to make money off it.

I like it... now it's time for version 2.0. Go back and height map it... it's 3D time.

I think the response would be different if it had been original art... Basically this is a pre-existing image that he rendered pixel-by-pixel using minecraft blocks. Requires a lot less creativity. Still requires a lot of dedication and time, but... somehow I just can't be impressed by this. Those people who design and build massive cities or stadiums? Impressive. Build working calculators? Awesome. Copy Blizzard art with colored blocks? ehhhh.......

When I was in grade school, one of my friends used to draw stuff in MS Paint. He was able to do crazy cool stuff and would go edit it pixel by pixel to get it exactly how he wanted it.

Haven't posted in along time but is what H has turned into? Negative negative negative?

I have noticed this one several sites I visit, but the H forum has had the biggest shift. Or maybe is just that I like H the most so I notice it more here. H I always felt celebrated the geek and tinkerers. I donno

Either way, count me among the old "get off my lawn" fucks that is surprised every time he sees untalented little shits dissing other's accomplishments.

I have noticed this one several sites I visit, but the H forum has had the biggest shift. Or maybe is just that I like H the most so I notice it more here. H I always felt celebrated the geek and tinkerers. I donno

Either way, count me among the old "get off my lawn" fucks that is surprised every time he sees untalented little shits dissing other's accomplishments.
I think we do celebrate the geek/tinkerers, however we've become jaded because it seems everyone gets a trophy just for participation. As the poster above said, building 3d structures, making calculators via logic circuits in the game, these things seem to be more impressive than simply copying an existing picture pixel by pixel based upon what a program says which block you should place.

And as to the untalented little shit bit, the worst quarterback in the NFL is still orders of magnitude better than me at the game, but me commenting that QB X is a horrible player does not have any less validity. From what I gather of him simply copying a picture, I don't find that impressive, even though yeah I am an untalented artist, how if he made that picture from scratch in mine craft then color me impressed. Just because my talent level of a particular subject might be lower than the person showing it off doesn't make my critique any less valid. Perfect example of an ad hominem fallacy with the "lets see you do it better" type of responses.

I think we do celebrate the geek/tinkerers, however we've become jaded because it seems everyone gets a trophy just for participation. As the poster above said, building 3d structures, making calculators via logic circuits in the game, these things seem to be more impressive than simply copying an existing picture pixel by pixel based upon what a program says which block you should place.

And as to the untalented little shit bit, the worst quarterback in the NFL is still orders of magnitude better than me at the game, but me commenting that QB X is a horrible player does not have any less validity. From what I gather of him simply copying a picture, I don't find that impressive, even though yeah I am an untalented artist, how if he made that picture from scratch in mine craft then color me impressed. Just because my talent level of a particular subject might be lower than the person showing it off doesn't make my critique any less valid. Perfect example of an ad hominem fallacy with the "lets see you do it better" type of responses.

The QB angle makes sense, and I can get behind that fair type of criticism. Point noted.

I have seen MineCraft been used for many many things that seem beyond what it was designed for. Working computers, or word processors, yes that's serious level creative crazy genius shit there. This is the first I have heard of someone using minecraft to replicate pixel art anywhere near this degree.

And if the claim is true - that this is the world's largest - then yes this guy and his friends have accomplished a fair bit more than a trophy for participation. By your definition they have indeed set the bar higher than everyone else, so yes, lets see others do better.

Oh and one fine point. The accomplishment the guy in the video was proud of wasn't the quality of the image, it was the sheer scale of it.

Back