Project Cars 2 Already Announced

HardOCP News

[H] News
Slightly Mad Studios announced today that it is already crowdfunding Project Cars 2. Didn't Project Cars just come out? :eek:

There’s no stated budget or goal for the sequel, but it does have several reward tiers, ranging from £50 (about $45 USD) for basic access to the game to £10,000 (about $11,342) for crazy things like this: Michelin-starred dinner with the Head Of Studio plus all costs covered at a luxury hotel in London and a luxury weekend itinerary including use of a Ferrari 458 Spider!

Did the first one not sell well enough to fund the 2nd? I haven't played it but it didn't really excite me too much from the videos I've seen.

Anyone play it and feel it is a good purchase?

It's amazing. I have put 40 hours into it already.
Also already did multiple endurance races, 100 laps, 2 hours and such. Recreating Le Mans last week was a blast.

The only thing against the game is the performance on 200 series AMD hardware. Other than that, its a great game.

And they have sold over 1 million already, so sales are currently really good for this new IP.

Did the first one not sell well enough to fund the 2nd? I haven't played it but it didn't really excite me too much from the videos I've seen.

Anyone play it and feel it is a good purchase?

and why would they use their own money?

I'd rather then just expand on the first one. Unless there's some technology/engine they're going to use for the 2nd game?

I'd rather then just expand on the first one. Unless there's some technology/engine they're going to use for the 2nd game?

They have a full DX12 engine in development. After AMD performance issues with the first game, I'll wait and catch this one on sale. I will admit it was a fun roller coaster ride with the development of the first game. Over the course of the game development which lasted 3 years, I never felt bored with the game. They were always tossing in new features weekly that made it into a "new" game.

I just have zero desire to support another potentially Nvidia GameWorks sponsored title.

ranging from £50 (about $45 USD) for basic access to the game to £10,000 (about $11,342) for crazy things

Seems someone was having a bit of trouble with the currency conversion calculator.

I'm waiting for a Steam sale on the first one, and a video card upgrade. Take your time.

Everything I've read has said the current game is riddled with bugs and performance issues. People on all the other forums I frequent are ready to start a lynch mob. I don't care if they can develop a new game in parallel or not, that's a major PR pooch screwing to announce a sequel that soon. You keep that shit under wraps at least until you've ironed out all the kinks and the hype has died down for the game you just sold to a million+ people. I'll certainly be waiting for a 75% steam sale now.

They have a full DX12 engine in development. After AMD performance issues with the first game, I'll wait and catch this one on sale. I will admit it was a fun roller coaster ride with the development of the first game. Over the course of the game development which lasted 3 years, I never felt bored with the game. They were always tossing in new features weekly that made it into a "new" game.

I just have zero desire to support another potentially Nvidia GameWorks sponsored title.

I'm with you there!

With there profits from the first game they need to pony up the licensing fees for Ferrari and Lambo etc. etc. and get some more Japanese manufacturers.

Everything I've read has said the current game is riddled with bugs and performance issues. People on all the other forums I frequent are ready to start a lynch mob. I don't care if they can develop a new game in parallel or not, that's a major PR pooch screwing to announce a sequel that soon. You keep that shit under wraps at least until you've ironed out all the kinks and the hype has died down for the game you just sold to a million+ people. I'll certainly be waiting for a 75% steam sale now.

I haven't come across very many bugs, certainly no huge serious ones. There are a few corners on a few tracks where you can cut the corner a bit and it doesn't count as cutting, but that's about the most serious bug I've seen. The default Xbox controller settings are pretty bad too, but you can totally customize them.

I haven't had any performance issues either, but I have a Nvidia card and all of the performance problems seem to be with AMD cards. It's unclear whether it's Nvidia paying off developers or AMD refusing to work with developers who have relationships with Nvidia though. They claim they have tried to work with AMD for years and sent them a bunch of game keys to help optimize their drivers, but hadn't heard back from AMD since October...

I haven't come across very many bugs, certainly no huge serious ones. There are a few corners on a few tracks where you can cut the corner a bit and it doesn't count as cutting, but that's about the most serious bug I've seen. The default Xbox controller settings are pretty bad too, but you can totally customize them.

I haven't had any performance issues either, but I have a Nvidia card and all of the performance problems seem to be with AMD cards. It's unclear whether it's Nvidia paying off developers or AMD refusing to work with developers who have relationships with Nvidia though. They claim they have tried to work with AMD for years and sent them a bunch of game keys to help optimize their drivers, but hadn't heard back from AMD since October...

The studio head Ian Bell admitted that they had a working relationship with AMD until about a month before release. Then for some reason they stopped contacting AMD and vice versa. Remember that the game was supposed to be released just about every month from October until May.

Any rate that's water under the bridge. AMD and SMS made up, hugged and kissed, then agreed to play nice together.

You'd think they would be able to fund the sequel from the sales from the first game. :rolleyes:

Glad I didn't support the first one, SMS have a lot to prove before I'd consider support them.

You might want to check your exchange rates! It's currently £1 = US$1.58, so £50 is ~$80 and £10,000 is $15,800

Back