Police Seize Pigeon Over Spying Fears

HardOCP News

[H] News
Using pigeons to spy on people? That's some old school spying right there. :eek:

Indian police said Friday they have detained a pigeon that flew into a village near the heavily militarised border with Pakistan on suspicion it was being used for espionage. Kaushal said police had alerted intelligence services over the discovery of the pigeon in the northern state of Punjab.

My first thought was a group interrogating the pigeon lol.

*dark room with 1 lamp focused on pigeon sitting in a lone chair*
Man: "WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?!"
Pigeon: "Prrr"

That's some old school spying right there. :eek:

We tend to get tripped up in the modern tech of it all but spying is as ancient an human activity as there is. Carrier pigeons have been used for thousands of years to carry messages.

in Team Fortress 2 the medic is shown to keep several doves in his quarters, they cant be used in gameplay, but they are seen occasionally in one of the medic's taunts.

Man: *goes to computer to look up/identify who "Prrr" is...* :p

commence the pigeon beheading

but it will feed 3 families

and won't crap on your patio/balcony

The last known official use of carrier pigeons was for a courrier service in India for emergencies. They stopped using them in 2002. Doesn't surprise me that someone in India might still be training them for other uses.

No one yet? Really? Guess I'll go for the low-hanging fruit...

They must have suspected fowl play. Even pigeons are fair game in war. Wouldn't be surprised if it tried to duck the charges, hopefully some legal eagle is able to roast this turkey.

K, think I'm done.

OMG that made me lose it. I had that image in my mind and I was laughing so hard.

Why do i get this mental picture of the "Goodfeathers" From Animaniacs? :D

Back