WD Drives Solutions And Rewards With Enhanced myWD Channel Partner Program

HardOCP News

[H] News
WD®, a Western Digital company, and a world leader in storage solutions, today revealed its enhanced myWD™ Partner Program, an award-winning loyalty channel program for MSPs, VARs, and system integrators with new features such as product solution centers, industry-focused marketing assets and on-demand product training. As a result of more than a year of survey and ongoing feedback from WD's valued myWD partners, the new and improved site offers new features that lead to a seamless user experience for myWD partners providing relevant and easy-to-access information at their fingertips. The new features include:
  • Solution selling centers on growing markets such as Surveillance, NAS, and Datacenter
  • Discounts of up to a 40% discount on qualifying products to be used for demonstration, testing or internal use
  • Industry focused marketing assets
  • On-demand online product training through WD University
  • A points system, where members earn rewards based on purchases of WD products from authorized distributors

Will have to see if this is as awesome as the Intel Retail Edge deal.
I have never seen a program as good as Intel's.

I don't trust supposed WD discounts. one of my drives up and died ~6mths ago, I called WD and asked them to look into it as I could not log-in to my account, my current 3 drives were 2 black and 1 blue version, one of the blacks was 9 mths out of warranty, the other was 3 mths left(yet I bought the drives over 1 year apart) the blue was 2 mths to go.

Anyways talked with them for well over an hr trying to sort things out, basically came down to "for as may drives as you have bought or personally recommended others over the years we will give you a 20% discount card to use whenever you next purchase a drive" I said the problem is I live in Canada and obviously shipping and taxes are a cost he said no worries we have a Canada specific side to the WD store and tax/shipping are included to the shown pricing.

Long story short, coupon would not work on the Canadian side A, B Canadian side had literally nothing in stock, B even with the coupon the drive state side which they had few choices would have cost over $20 more then I could have got elsewhere for the exact same drive, emailed them about this blunder explaining it all, never heard a peep back then they had the nerve to send a "how did we do today survey"

Back