3D-Printed Combo Lock Cracker

wtf, gotta go watch those other videos to see why you can "brute force" it so easily.

I wonder if this guy will show up on the "Masterminds" show one day.
"He stole, 4 pairs of gym socks, and some deodorant.. Then opened a locked gate nearby for his escape!"

Awesome videos, makes me want to go buy a paddle-lock just to try this, since I can't solve my Rubik's cube to save my life.

need to watch his video on the design flaw of those locks, reminds me back in jr. high when for whatever reason the school wanted to switch over to a different type of gym lock, one of those that had 5 buttons on the front only, I have a feeling it had a lot to do with a company trying to get money from the school in some way. Anyways within a week they were all removed because apparently there was a similar flaw where if you pull it tight you can wiggle the buttons to see which ones go in and out. The reality though is there were so few permutations that it made a horrible design for a lock.

Cool seeing it explained. I used to be able to do this with my high school lockers when I forgot my combination because the only notches in the wheels were the combination numbers, with no grooves in between like masterlock's. I always new you could use the resistance to find the approximate first number, and you could do the same for the last number after guessing the 2nd. I had no idea there was a method for narrowing down the 2nd number possibilities though, so I never tried to crack a lock. It's nice seeing why the first number vulnerability exists.

Forget your lock combination? No problem, just 3-D print one of these. :cool:

Waiting for someone to take this suggestion seriously and comment on it's impracticality.

Cool device. As for forgetting the combo most of the time shims are a viable option if you have a coke can nearby (depending on your particular locks tolerances.)

I did this by hand on a couple locks we had back in the day.

Not very hard to figure out what the combo is if you know how to feel for the catches inside the lock.

Yeah I remember from back in school, they were actually pretty easy to get open by feel. But hey what do you want for $3?

i remember a long time ago the apartment manager where i lived was showing off how he could use a lock pick to open regular key locks. would take him like 15-20 minutes. asked if i wanted to try and i said sure. after a few goes i was opening doors in like 2-3 minutes. he wasnt happy

LOL

Guy has no clue on how to use a DC motor. You can make them more accurate than a stepper with the encoder. Maybe he sure learn motor basics especially when it comes to "breaking".

Guy has no clue on how to use a DC motor. You can make them more accurate than a stepper with the encoder. Maybe he sure learn motor basics especially when it comes to "breaking".

How about you bone up on your proof-reading ability, rather than chastising someone that won't ever see your comment.

Back