No Retrial For Silk Road Owner

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though there will be no retrial for the Silk Road guy. The judge decided that enough tax dollars have been wasted on this guy already. ;)

"According to Ulbricht, the government's gamesmanship in this regard led to inadequate trial preparation, an inability to investigate whether certain evidence might be exculpatory, and, ultimately, an unfair trial," Forrest wrote in a 25-page decision. "These arguments are without merit."

Damn straight too much taxpayer money was wasted on this trial. Shame they couldn't have cared before they spent it in the first place.

Damn straight too much taxpayer money was wasted on this trial. Shame they couldn't have cared before they spent it in the first place.
Due process and all. It's expensive, but trust me that if you ever get into a legal situation, be it actual fault of yours or baseless accusations, you'll be glad that expense is made.

Or don't trust me, but for every "feature" we allow in our systems, there is a cost. And this isn't a feature I'd cut just because I'm not currently in need of it.

Due process and all. It's expensive, but trust me that if you ever get into a legal situation, be it actual fault of yours or baseless accusations, you'll be glad that expense is made.

Or don't trust me, but for every "feature" we allow in our systems, there is a cost. And this isn't a feature I'd cut just because I'm not currently in need of it.

With approximately 98% of all American criminal cases ending in Plea Bargain, the system is a theater orchestrated by the government. If they want to make an example out of someone, they find a way. And on the rare days which appears a loss for them is imminent, they drop the charges in order to prevent setting a precedent which isn't in their favor.

Great job, U.S government! Keep putting millions of innocent people in prison.
/s

With approximately 98% of all American criminal cases ending in Plea Bargain, the system is a theater orchestrated by the government. If they want to make an example out of someone, they find a way. And on the rare days which appears a loss for them is imminent, they drop the charges in order to prevent setting a precedent which isn't in their favor.

Pretty much this.

In this case, he was probably not paying off the right people like all the other drug cartels, so they just refuse to hear anything and give him a "go to jail" card.

Also, taxpayer money, God what a laugh. Due process, the one thing WORTH spending money on they don't want to, but everything else that we spend trillions on the courts are fine with....

The lead investigators on the case committed far more serious crimes. Intimidation, death threats and massive theft don't count when you are in the government.

Kangaroo court.

The lead investigators on the case committed far more serious crimes. Intimidation, death threats and massive theft don't count when you are in the government.

Kangaroo court.

Those are not exceptions, though, that is just how our government works now. Sadly it seems common place in just about all areas.

Back