SilverStone Argon AR-05 Low Profile CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SilverStone Argon AR-05 Low Profile CPU Cooler Review - Trying to fit a lot of air cooling into a smaller footprint computer case can certainly be an obstacle in your build process. With mini-ITX and micro-ATX systems gaining popularity, and chassis footprints shrinking, huge tower coolers are not an option. How well does SilverStone's AR-05 cooler perform with its minuscule 37mm height profile?

The quieter coolers than this appear on the dBA chart but not on the performance charts.
Notably the Bequiet Darkrock Pro 3 and Arctic cooling i30.
Were they missed off by accident?

The quieter coolers than this appear on the dBA chart but not on the performance charts.
Notably the Bequiet Darkrock Pro 3 and Arctic cooling i30.
Were they missed off by accident?

Different CPUs for temp testing so not comparable IIRC.

The thermal performance charts were almost entirely liquid coolers. Unfortunately, I learned very little from this. The reviewed low profile cooler is better than the stock cooler, but worse than a water cooler.

The thermal performance charts were almost entirely liquid coolers. Unfortunately, I learned very little from this. The reviewed low profile cooler is better than the stock cooler, but worse than a water cooler.

Yeah, basically about it.

Anyone know how this performs against the Noctua NH-L9i? They look very similar.

I wouldn't be surprised to see SilverStone Argon AR-05 come out ahead of the Noctura NH-L9i

Back