GTA V Joins AMD Gaming Evolved

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD sends word that the company has added GTA V to the AMD Gaming Evolved program. In addition, the company has also announced that it has added AMD Contact Hardening Shadows to the graphics option menu as well.

AMD is proud to welcome Grand Theft Auto V from Rockstar Games as the newest addition to the Gaming Evolved family. We’ve been working closely with our friends in Toronto, Canada and Leeds in the UK, and as part of that collaboration the game features AMD’s Contact Hardening Shadows (CHS). This technique dynamically hardens or softens a shadow’s edges depending on the distance of the shadow from the light source and object casting that shadow. This means softer shadows that diffuse more realistically. To enable CHS in the game, simply select AMD CHS from the ’Soft Shadows’ drop down menu.

*UPDATE* GTA V is NOT a Gaming Evolved title.

Last edited:
Congratulations AMD if you guys can get more game devs it seems they are sick and tkred of nvidias policies.

Now if AMD could get a driver that works well for their new "evolved" game...

I honestly dont care any more.
I've had such a pita experience with my 290x and no resolutions I can count on that I doubt I will buy AMD again.
I gave them the chance to sort things and the most basic problems keep happening.
Good luck.

How many of these gaming communities do I have to have now? Steam, Origin, AMD Evolved, etc etc.

o4nyy1t.jpg

Wow, impressive!

Rockstar was signed up for Mantle, guess they liked what they saw and AMD has been working hard on developer relations.

I'm using the AMD CHS over the Nvidia PCSS at the moment, performance impact seems to be lower though I haven't actually properly quantified the gains.

GTA5 being apart of amd "gaming evolved" would explain why game just crashes at splash screen on my nvidia card.

GTA5 being apart of amd "gaming evolved" would explain why game just crashes at splash screen on my nvidia card.

Care to explain why that would be so ? Unlike Nvidia AMD doesn't prevent Nvidia from making games work better on their cards like the Gameworks program would do.

This is good news. I have to say, im pretty impressed how well GTA V runs on my rig with the beta drivers @ stock speeds. I was all ready to load up my game profile, but i figured i would give stock clks a try, and its smooth as butter. Great job by RS and AMD.

Back