GTA V Streamers Get Their Games Stolen By Viewers

HardOCP News

[H] News
I could see this happening to a couple of n00bs that didn't know any better but these two dorks stream for a living. :eek:

Thing is, after you install GTA V and you press play, the first thing on your screen is a Rockstar splash with your key on it. A couple of unlucky streamers happened to broadcast this part of the set-up process, and in doing so, revealed their specific game code to an audience. You can guess what happened next.

That's what you get for streaming your desktop.

Who were the streamers? Don't want to give Gawker any clicks...

I can see how those streamers wanted to share the full initial game launch for a game the PC crowd has waited a long time for. What a shitty thing to do.

Maybe those streamers who it happened to are technically at fault, but I can totally see how this happened. The Rockstar account requirement and management is a little quirky, but it'll be difficult for them to reimburse everybody who now claims they streamed this and lost their keys, because the same desperate thieves will get in line.

I guess they 'learned their lesson' and won't stream any more built-up-excitement moments. Anything that can be exploited will be.

Steve said:
I could see this happening to a couple of n00bs that didn't know any better but these two dorks stream for a living.
Implying that professional streamers aren't n00bs. Remember, the most popular of them that makes hundreds of thousands is PewDiePie, the type of full on defective tard that the Spartan's rightfully would have thrown off the nearest cliff.

wait, what was this about again? all i saw where boobs :)

... if it's tied to an account how can they steal it? It should just say already in use...

I don't think I've ever even had to type in one of those keys that Steam so thoughtfully displays.

A couple of dumb asses. Excuse me, one dumb ass and one dumb ass with boobs.

... if it's tied to an account how can they steal it? It should just say already in use...

Indeed. I am confused as well. Oh well. Like the other said, I don't think i'll click on that article.

Part of me is happy this happened (if it in fact did happen), this whole everything needs to be showed off, unboxed, etc, is just ... I don't fucking get it. I can understand watching people playing the game initially to get a feel if the game is something they'd like, but watching someone install a game? WTF is wrong with people.

Indeed. I am confused as well. Oh well. Like the other said, I don't think i'll click on that article.
At least one twitter post clarified that the code wasn't "stolen" but linked to an alternate account setup for the stream and can't be unlinked or reused. not sure why the article is claiming the codes were "stolen"

not sure why the article is claiming the codes were "stolen"

Because Clickbait. And then it makes the rounds in a circlejerk of copy-pasta as every blog links back to them.

Actually bothering to lay out what actually happened wouldn't generate near the clicks, and would ultimately be a non-story.

can I run this decently with my 7850 and my rig in my signature? I've been playing console for so long now and only jump in for some D3 or Hearthstone on occasion which doesn't need much to look good

can I run this decently with my 7850 and my rig in my signature? I've been playing console for so long now and only jump in for some D3 or Hearthstone on occasion which doesn't need much to look good

Get the beta drivers from AMD, you should be good to go, mine runs smooth as butter, 1080p with load distance maxed and everything set to high. Didnt do fraps, but i was having to much fun walking around exploring.

Meh, who cares..stupid is as stupid does.

That said I take issue with them calling Kaceytron "Professional" at anything related to streaming. That is unless streaming a PG-13 cam whore show can be considered professional.

It does point to a larger issue that annoys me with other streamers. I stream and honestly showing your entire desktop is just stupid on a grand scale. All decent streamer software out there now has the ability and is far better streaming specific application windows. You can even have it set to float between applications and auto switch scenes. I've done this for well over a year myself and I've never once shown my desktop. You see what I want you to see and nothing more at any time. So I don't tend to feel even slightly sorry for streamers who show things they didn't mean to because they were too lazy to take a few minutes to lock their stream to windows and not desktop.

Get the beta drivers from AMD, you should be good to go, mine runs smooth as butter, 1080p with load distance maxed and everything set to high. Didnt do fraps, but i was having to much fun walking around exploring.

awesome to hear, thanks!

Implying that professional streamers aren't n00bs. Remember, the most popular of them that makes hundreds of thousands is PewDiePie, the type of full on defective tard that the Spartan's rightfully would have thrown off the nearest cliff.

.. Millions. It's been estimated he makes between $4mil and $12mil a year.

Back