Corsair Neutron XT 240GB Solid State Drive

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are SSD shopping you should check out this review of the Corsair Neutron XT 240GB SSD at ThinkComputers today.

Corsair is a company we always know for quality products and have made a pretty good name for themselves in the SSD market. Today we will be taking a look at their Neutron XT 240 GB solid state drive. They have teamed with Phison, making use if their PS3110 quad-core controller and Toshiba 19 nm MLC NAND. With this combination Corsair says this drive is , “designed for the absolute best in class performance” for a 2.5-inch solid state drive”. Will that hold true? Read on as we find out!"

Good review, TERRIBLE site to navigate. Please never change [H]. some things are best left as is. I hate the whole square/flat trend, and full of pop up ads.

Yea, I'm kinda wondering why they didn't throw the 850 evo and 850 pro into the ring... Instead they compared this drive to an 840 Evo which is last gen. technology and say

"The drive was able to hit 561 MB/s read and 541 MB/s in ATTO Disk Benchmark, which makes it the fastest SATA solid state drive that we have tested lately! All of our other tests reflected the advertised speeds as well."

I guess they really don't test very many SSD's if they haven't tested the 850 Evo or 850 Pro, either that or they got paid to say its the best they've tested.

Last edited:
Back