Disney Is Considering Re-Creating Its Theme Parks for VR

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Imagineers over at Disney are putting their heads together to create scenarios to utilize Virtual Reality for guests to the park that would ordinarily not be able to make the trip in person. The Disney Imagineering staff has been working in VR for years, but just not in the same vein as Oculus, et al, so switching over to create a new VR experience that would conform to today's standards should be easy as a walk through the park, since they have several. :D

You could finally visit Disney in your underwear without getting put in jail.

Will their be annoying Brazilian tour groups for authentic reality too?? :D

That said, I have to think "who the hell would ever do this..." then I realize probably lots of people since they have some virtual reality amusement park in Downtown Disney in Orlando, and if people are willing to use that when the REAL THING is a bus ride away then I dunno.

If I can run and gun in it, then maybe... at least to kill jar jar binks.

This really reminds of of this American Dad episode where they all go on their own separate vacation because they don't want to do anything together as a family. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1003695/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

I have a feeling this is more likely to be used as a digital babysitter, the way Disney films are. :p Maybe Disney can even refuse to sell it for a few years then do a "LIMITED TIME BUY NOW" release of their VR parks.

Back