How To Make An Electrical Arc Furnace

Pretty cool. His other videos are pretty entertaining too... I like the homemade blow dart gun made with pvc and paper darts... with a 99 cent laser pointer on it for accuracy!

no, honey, i didnt clean the kitchen, walk the dogs, or vacuum this evening.. i made zinc cupcakes!

I'm so happy my garage is in such shambles... I could get in a whole lot of trouble after watching these videos! :D

I'm so happy my garage is in such shambles... I could get in a whole lot of trouble after watching these videos! :D

That's what I was thinking and then I thought about all those idiots out there that will do this and end up burning down the house or causing themselves or others bodily harm. Its still pretty cool though seeing this stuff so easily done with household items.

The guy has a few useful project. That spot welder could be used for case mods.

On our next project we'll show you how to make colorful sparklers from spent uranium rods. This dude is fuckin MacGruber!

Yeah, those pliers are metal and running power through them in that state seems really stupid.

Yeah, those pliers are metal and running power through them in that state seems really stupid.

Its like jumping a car using jumper cables... Same concept, as long as those pliers don't directly touch there will be no problem.

Its like jumping a car using jumper cables... Same concept, as long as those pliers don't directly touch there will be no problem.

Yeah he was wearing fairly beefy looking gloves, however I don't recall him saying "Make sure you wear gloves or you're going to kill yourself"

With an electrical arc furnace you can literally burn your money away!

With an electrical arc furnace you can literally burn your money away!

Yeah I can imagine some kids making that one weekend when their folks are away and then Dad not being very happy when he gets the power bill the next month. :D

Not to mention all the metal stuff that went missing...;)

Wife: Where is all the silverware?
Me: I've melted it all down in to ingots.
Wife: Why? WTF are we going to eat with?
Me: I'm going to make new silverware once the youtube video comes out showing me how!

I swear there will be a front-page news story about this guy some day...

"YouTube Scientist accidentally starts fusion reaction - Texas becomes it's own star system..."

Nice instructional video of "see how easy you can convert that metal you stole into ingots to sell at the scrap yard!"

then Dad not being very happy when he gets the power bill the next month.
Actually it doesn't use a whole lot of power, sure they may say "800 amps!!!" but it does it a very low voltage. The wiring inside your house to the plug you put your welder on can't handle 800 amps, hell you'll be lucky if your main could. It's not drawing 800 amps at 120V.

Nice instructional video of "see how easy you can convert that metal you stole into ingots to sell at the scrap yard!"

Actually it doesn't use a whole lot of power, sure they may say "800 amps!!!" but it does it a very low voltage. The wiring inside your house to the plug you put your welder on can't handle 800 amps, hell you'll be lucky if your main could. It's not drawing 800 amps at 120V.

Yeah, this one sips power compared to the one where I work. :D We have our own turbine at the power company for it.

Yeah he was wearing fairly beefy looking gloves, however I don't recall him saying "Make sure you wear gloves or you're going to kill yourself"

Arc-welding is low-voltage, high-current, no more than 45 volts but with several hundred amps. Car batteries are only 12 volts. You won't electrocute yourself with either one. What you can do is burn yourself pretty bad from the heat produced from welding - hence the heavy gloves, since the electrodes and in this case the pliers get extremely hot. You also don't want to look directly at the arc for any length of time without a welding shield or the UV light produced from the electrical arc will burn your retinas.

Yeah, this one sips power compared to the one where I work. :D We have our own turbine at the power company for it.

Yeah, when you have to call the power company to let them know you're going to power it up or shut it down, you know you're dealing with something serious.

Back