US Files For Default Judgment On Dotcom’s Cash And Cars

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like our government has once again turned up the heat on Dotcom.

After a U.S. court ruled that Kim Dotcom is not entitled to contest the forfeiture of his assets because he is a "fugitive" facing extradition, the government has just tightened the noose. In a filing before the same court yesterday, the U.S. requested a default judgment to seize the assets of Dotcom, his co-defendants, and their Megaupload empire.

Shouldn't the government be going after actual threats instead of this stupid crap?

ISIS and all other radical Islamist groups, Iran, Russia, North Korea.

Oh wait.. that would make sense and actually be good. We can't have that now can we?

The World Bank ordered the U.S. to "take care of this". Dotcom's cash is needed in the money supply. :D

Shouldn't the government be going after actual threats instead of this stupid crap?

Oh wait.. that would make sense and actually be good. We can't have that now can we?

Governments are usually made up of more than one person so they can do more than one thing at a time. I do get it that it's kinda hard to understand that since we refer to it as "the government" so it makes you think, "Oh, like it's this one guy sitting in an office someplace who can only have lunch or read a word document or something at a time."

Governments are usually made up of more than one person so they can do more than one thing at a time. I do get it that it's kinda hard to understand that since we refer to it as "the government" so it makes you think, "Oh, like it's this one guy sitting in an office someplace who can only have lunch or read a word document or something at a time."

No, that's not it at all. I tend to follow what is going on as much as the "media" reports the actual facts.

The ones I listed are not really being gone after at all. Mostly just lip-service if anything at all. And in the case of Iran, we are helping them to go after ISIS... which is kinda like helping the mafia go after the mob.

Never mind that this is COMPLETELY against the 4th amendment. Our government has gone so far off the rails it's crazy.

Well I think the point is for the amount of attention and resources our government is paying to Kim Dotcom, you'd think he had a hand in the 9/11 attacks. In general our government prioritizes broken copyright issues over national infrastructure, future energy preparations, student debt bubble, failing education, growing inequality, etc.

This should be handled in New Zealand, by a NZ Judge, AFTER the extradition hearing is completed...

If he isnt extradited, then hes not guilty

Well I think the point is for the amount of attention and resources our government is paying to Kim Dotcom, you'd think he had a hand in the 9/11 attacks. In general our government prioritizes broken copyright issues over national infrastructure, future energy preparations, student debt bubble, failing education, growing inequality, etc.

Well none of those other issues are really that important anyway. Like take growing inequality, that only matters to the people who aren't managing their money and would just blow everything they made on useless stuff like cell phone contracts, car payments, pet food (but not flea treatment...seriously gross!) cigarettes, concert tickets, and whatever else they thing they're entitled to but aren't upper class and shouldn't purchase. Education only fails because people are stupid. Students shouldn't be accepting debt, but their parents are dumb and don't save money. National infrastructure is fine...leave it alone. And we have solar powered calculators already so future energy stuff is great.

Yes because you know, the U.S Government only has 1 group of people to handle all the separate issues it deals with and can only handle 1 issue at a time.. :rolleyes:

The people who handle these things likely don't even have clearance to deal with anything outside the country..

Well none of those other issues are really that important anyway. Like take growing inequality, that only matters to the people who aren't managing their money and would just blow everything they made on useless stuff like cell phone contracts, car payments, pet food (but not flea treatment...seriously gross!) cigarettes, concert tickets, and whatever else they thing they're entitled to but aren't upper class and shouldn't purchase. Education only fails because people are stupid. Students shouldn't be accepting debt, but their parents are dumb and don't save money. National infrastructure is fine...leave it alone. And we have solar powered calculators already so future energy stuff is great.
That is an awesome blend of you having legitimate points v. outright satire all mixed together, you're clearly a master of internet commenting.

That is an awesome blend of you having legitimate points v. outright satire all mixed together, you're clearly a master of internet commenting.

I know, right?
Creepy totally deserves a custom title at this point. ;)

Back