Another Adobe Zero-Day Discovered

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another month, another critical vulnerability in an Adobe product. Follow this link for information about what you should do while you are waiting for your Adobe hole to be plugged. :(

A critical vulnerability (CVE-2015-0313) exists in Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.296 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh. Successful exploitation could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. We are aware of reports that this vulnerability is being actively exploited in the wild via drive-by-download attacks against systems running Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows 8.1 and below.

I hate Flash. It is so annoying with all the crashes and the security vulnerabilities. At least Adobe has tried to fix some of them recently. They went for so long just ignoring the problem. Can't we just move to HTML5 now? Can we just ditch PDFs, too, while we're at it?

didn't Flash have like 2 updates last week alone?...now 3 in 2 weeks?

PDF is kinda a dumb format, but Foxit Reader is a pretty good alternative to Adobe Reader if you're in control of what software is installed. As for Flash, it's just another conduit for Google to data collect and even Google is giving up on it now that they have ISP-level access, phone access, and browser access.

Then might as well rid of JPG too since it's had vulnerabilities. Or, blame bad coding and not the standard.

Exactly. There's nothing like the PDF standard, which is an open standard these days, especially for print. Flash might vanish but PDF isn't going anywhere.

Adobe software is pretty cool because it reminds you of what computing felt like in the mid-'90s. Having to run Adobe Creative Cloud literally makes me nauseous.

didn't Flash have like 2 updates last week alone?...now 3 in 2 weeks?

Yup, I'm jumping through my ass right now updating all our systems to 296 because of the critical vulnerability in previous versions. This is the 3rd time in the last week or two. :mad:

Why hasn't HTML5 replaced all Flash by sites now?!

Back