Behold 'Guardians of the Galaxy' in 8-Bit Glory

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are part of the ever-growing retro movement, the brothers Dutton (David and Henry) from CiniFix made a tribute clip of Guardians of the Galaxy in glorious 8 bit goodness that will make you want more retro gaming and less CGI/special effects in your life. Pure nostalgia gaming at its best. :cool:

There seems to be way too many colors for 8 bit. 16 bit, more like.

There seems to be way too many colors for 8 bit. 16 bit, more like.

Depends. Most "8 bit" video game systems had a less than 8 bits for for color. 8 bits would be 256 colors. Most likely had around 4 bit color = 16 colors.

So there is too many colors from the the old systems with 4 bit color.

Depends. Most "8 bit" video game systems had a less than 8 bits for for color. 8 bits would be 256 colors. Most likely had around 4 bit color = 16 colors.

So there is too many colors from the the old systems with 4 bit color.

In addition to colors, there are too many sprites moving around and the sprites are too big for any 8-bit video game system ever sold. It's fun, but not really anything close to 8-bit. As for computers, I can't think of an 8-bit one that supported more than 16 colors but maybe there is one I've never heard of.

Sure does bring back some good memories. I loved playing games on my Amiga 500 back in the day and still miss it.

Sure does bring back some good memories. I loved playing games on my Amiga 500 back in the day and still miss it.

I miss it too, but they feel different - worse - than the experience I remember.
I watch replays on Youtube of different games I enjoyed, and I have to admit that most I would have a hard time replay. The exceptions being Lemmings, Stunt Car Racer, and Speedball 2.

Uh, the studio already did this for one of the special features on the Blu-ray release.

In addition to colors, there are too many sprites moving around and the sprites are too big for any 8-bit video game system ever sold. It's fun, but not really anything close to 8-bit. As for computers, I can't think of an 8-bit one that supported more than 16 colors but maybe there is one I've never heard of.

Atari 8-bit computers had a 128 color graphics mode.

Holy... are you guys seriously complaining about it not being "true" 8-bit? Am I reading this correctly?

90% of people would consider that "8-bit" because it has blocky two dimensional sprite based graphics. The word "8-bit" by most people standards is exactly what I just said. I think my mind is blown that there is complaining that it wont run on a TI-99/4.

Back