Microsoft Hints At 'Minority Report' Style Customer Recognition

HardOCP News

[H] News
At least Microsoft is using Kinect technology to profile people instead of three precogs locked in a basement floating in a shallow pool. :eek:

Microsoft has teased the ability for retailers to employ its Kinect technology to identify customers through facial recognition, bringing the world one step closer to the weirdly prescient future displayed in the 2002 film Minority Report.

Speaking of minorities, this may finally work! :p

Reason for the joke for those not in the know, often facial recognition software doesn't work on people with dark complexions, as there is insufficient contrast. And then cameras I think would ask the user if they wanted to redo the picture because someone was blinking when you took a picture of say a Korean girl smiling.

Maybe just focus on fixing Windows and making the Windows Phone appstore less of a joke.

Kthx

Well that’s nice, I’m sure some of Microsoft collected data will assist the NSA immensely with profiling people. Hope they track how much ammo I buy, so they know to stay away. Haha.

So a poor man's (or is it civilian's?) version of what NYC has been doing with their CCTV network for the last few years.

Or is it even that capable?

Please let Bobcat Goldthwait and Gilbert Gottfriend and Fran Drescher voice those rotating shopper-detector-greeter-helper units and loudly and be easily hackable by remote.

Back