Facebook Is The Most Popular Social Media Site

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though Facebook is still the most popular social media site by a long shot. Twitter comes in last behind LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram.

In a new survey conducted in September 2014, the Pew Research Center finds that Facebook remains by far the most popular social media site. While its growth has slowed, the level of user engagement with the platform has increased. Other platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn saw significant increases over the past year in the proportion of online adults who now use their sites.

That's not a shocker. Growth has slowed because the majority of new users are bots and scammers.

I use Facebook less and less these days. Just to keep up on what's going on with other people (distance & time commitments make it an easy way to communicate). I find it fun sometimes. Like others - it's all in how you use it.

Yeah, sounds right based on the people I know.
I'm actually seeing a lot more LinkedIn usage - could just be my current role and what I do. I get requests all of the time. Most are from people making connections or looking for jobs. I don't see a lot of people posting. I keep this strictly for business contacts.
Facebook - I see its use but I'm not a fan of it. I only check my account maybe every 2-3 weeks. I avoid non-family/friend contacts - that's what LinkedIn is for.
Twitter? I follow a few people but really am scratching my head about it. I don't know too many people that post to it.

I was amazed by this stunning revelation! If someone wants to be elected King, they obviously need to have a Facebook presence with which to command their many, many subjects who are wasting time "connecting" and "liking" stuff with it.

I was amazed by this stunning revelation! If someone wants to be elected King, they obviously need to have a Facebook presence with which to command their many, many subjects who are wasting time "connecting" and "liking" stuff with it.

.... as apposed to wasting time commenting on articles on a tech site?

Social media explained with donuts
Twitter – I am eating a donut
Facebook – I like donuts
Foursquare – This is where I eat donuts
Instagram – Here’s a vintage photo of my donut
YouTube – Here I am eating a donut
LinkedIn – My skills include donut eating
Pinterest – Here’s a donut recipe
Last FM – Now listening to “Donuts”
Google+ – I’m a Google employee who eats donuts
Tumblr – This is a really beautiful photo of a high-end donut
Reddit – There is a conspiracy in the donut industry
Craigslist – Will sublet part of my donut in exchange for sexual favors
Myspace – Check out my stale donut with full band at the Tea Bag next Tuesday evening

:D

.... as apposed to wasting time commenting on articles on a tech site?

Commenting? Who's doing that? I'm only here for Steve's bra pics and I never, ever make comments about anything.

Facebook – I like donuts
Myspace – Check out my stale donut with full band at the Tea Bag next Tuesday evening

I loved it! Thanks! :)

Facebook – I like donuts

BRAVO!

Google + wasn't even on the list! There was only one reference to it and that was to post the article on one's Google + account. :D:p

Back