First Assassin’s Creed Movie to Hit Theaters in 2016

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Cross your fingers and toes, Assassin’s Creed: The Movie is back on and has a release date, according to The Wrap. Let’s just hope the movie does the video game justice and doesn’t turn out to be another rip-off stinker that many have come to expect from Hollywood’s interpretation of video games.

The movie was originally scheduled to hit theaters this year, but was delayed without explanation last September.

Hollywood's interpretation of video games, eh? Let's start the bar low enough! :D

2d1a2ki.jpg

Will require viewers to set up a Uplay account and stay logged in through the movie.

Same here

Karl Urban and Rosamund Pike were about the only watchable elements of that movie. Good actors i must say.

But back on topic, I like Michael Fassbender's work so perhaps it may be watchable when the dust has finally settled.

doesn’t turn out to be another rip-off stinker that many have come to expect from Hollywood’s interpretation of video games.

How about Hollywood’s interpretation of ANYTHING?

They change the story line from most books so much that you can't even recognize the original story.
John Carter of Mars is a prime example.

Spinoffs of existing movies like Star Trek ignore the time line from the previous movies/series.

They can't even make biblical stories any more without putting so much spin on them that they insult the target audience.

Being fair, AC does have a plot and general theme that lends itself to live action quite easily. There have been a couple fan made shorts that were quite good.

But given it is hollywood and given their track record it is going to be pure shit.

Will the movie be shot at 15 fps for additional cinematic feel? IMHO this is a must in order to stay true to the series.

The story line of AC has such great potential for a blockbuster movie and several sequels. I really hope they don't fail to produce.

Back