The Biggest Cyberthreat To Companies Could Come From The Inside

HardOCP News

[H] News
Doesn't everyone know this by now?

The move is a wake-up call to companies, which spent an estimated $71.1 billion in 2014 on cybersecurity, up nearly 8 percent from the year before. And while hackers have successfully attacked large companies like JPMorgan, Target and Home Depot, experts warn employees pose just as much a threat, whether they act intentionally or by accident.

You laugh, but this is actual news to some people, including business owers and CEOs.

Study after Study after Study shows 80%+ of disruptive hacks/Worms/DOS come from insiders/disgruntled former employees who retained access.

If this is news to CEOs, they're not doing their job.

CEO's are supposed to appoint competent CTO's who not only take the necessary steps to prevent this from occurring but routinely keep the CEO well-informed of these issues so the CEO can justify to the Board of Directors/Shareholders why he's spending funds on the IT Department in the first place.

Like the one I was just reading today?

Morgan Stanley says a rogue employee stole account records for 350,000 wealth management clients and posted 900 of those records online.

I would have thought that very thing that all should know this by now. In recent discussion at a company and through a survey I found that in most cases only technical people understand. The average user has no clue about how things work. you can have all the policies you like in place, but if people don't understand or care to know this will never change. Unless companies turn themselves into overlords watching all it will never happen until Ai's are running things. that said most people tend not to stay with companies that watch their ever move.

Back