James A. Clifford Joins AMD as Senior Vice President of Global Operations

HardOCP News

[H] News
​AMD today announced James A. Clifford (69) has joined the company as senior vice president of Global Operations, reporting to President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su. Clifford will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of AMD’s end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain strategy.

With more than 25 years of technology industry experience, Clifford brings a unique blend of end-to-end operational knowledge from supply chain to design enablement, quality, procurement, business management, and engineering to the role. He joins AMD from RF Micro Devices, Inc., where he served as vice president of global sourcing and foundry technology. He previously spent more than 17 years at Qualcomm Incorporated in numerous leadership roles, including senior vice president and general manager of operations, as well as senior vice president of Qualcomm CDMA Technology. Before Qualcomm, Clifford spent more than 20 years at Unisys Corporation in a variety of roles that culminated in leading the company’s global sourcing and foundry operations. Clifford has a Bachelor of Science in physics from San Diego State University. He is based in Austin, Texas.

fact of the matter is amd is bringing in industry veterans to train their future executives.

AMD stands for Another Manager Daily! I swear this company has more managers and presidents than any other company it's size.

I wonder what premiums these executives ask for over more stable companies. Because the ARM server strategy isn't taking off and it's only a matter of time before AMD becomes completely irrelevant in PC processors.

I wonder what premiums these executives ask for over more stable companies. Because the ARM server strategy isn't taking off and it's only a matter of time before AMD becomes completely irrelevant in PC processors.

From the top to the bottom of the x86 market AMD is basically non-existent these days. I can't recall them being in a weaker position across the board, with not even price being a tool to them these days.

To get a job that high in the food chain you gotta have that many years under your belt or at least a good amount ;)

Back