Google Internet Balloon Crashes On Farm

HardOCP News

[H] News
"My internet just crashed" just took on a whole new meaning.

According to a report Thursday in the Afrikaans-language Beeld newspaper, Urbanus Botha, who farms in the arid landscape of the Karoo south of Bloemfontein and Lesotho in the center of South Africa, came across the crashed balloon and initially thought it a weather balloon from the nearby weather station at De Aar.

Google Must Be Crazy? A Web Balloon Crashes in South Africa

I know that bloggers can't really read or write, but that is one of the most non-sensical headlines I've ever read.

I know that bloggers can't really read or write, but that is one of the most non-sensical headlines I've ever read.

It's a throwback to The Gods Must Be Crazy where a pilot drops a Coke bottle and it is found by an African tribesman. The movie is great. The way the blogger used the reference isn't funny. It works, but it's a dumb one.

Urbanus... really? That's what his parents came up with?

Dad: Damn he poops a lot, lets call him Anus.
Mom: But that doesn't reflect his urban upbringing, we want him to know his roots in case he becomes a farmer.
Dad and Mom: Urbanus! JINX! HAHAHAHAH!!!

:cool:

Just don't start any fires.......

MV5BMTI2ODYxNzM3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDMwODUyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Just like those who feed the hungry in other countries and ignore those in theirs.
Google is deploying these outside the USA when there are plenty of people here with limited or no access to broadband.
Spammers and scammers will have a whole new market next year.

Nothing to see here. Just Google getting some insight into data mining in emerging markets. Move along.

Just like those who feed the hungry in other countries and ignore those in theirs.
Google is deploying these outside the USA when there are plenty of people here with limited or no access to broadband.
Spammers and scammers will have a whole new market next year.

wow... God made you wrong, Sparky. For reals.

Back