Video Game Price Rises Spark UK Inflation Bump

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to know why game prices are going up? The quote below tells you all you need to know:

"These games are premium blockbusters in every sense, in terms of production values, technological improvements and sheer size. Accordingly they command a higher price tag in UK retail stores and consumers are prepared to pay for these amazing experiences."

What a load of BS. Price for games should be standardized with the exception of currency exchange rate. Hiking up the prices simply because people are "willing to pay" is a rip off. They're just adding fuel to the piracy fire.

"These games are premium blockbusters in every sense, in terms of production values, technological improvements and sheer size. Accordingly they command a higher price tag in UK retail stores and consumers are prepared to pay for these amazing experiences."

That sounds great! When are we going to get these games in the US?

What a load of BS. Price for games should be standardized with the exception of currency exchange rate. Hiking up the prices simply because people are "willing to pay" is a rip off. They're just adding fuel to the piracy fire.

Capitalism says hello.

That sounds great! When are we going to get these games in the US?

Lol i was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen any of these games :confused:

I'm willing... to wait for the next Steam sale.
Yep. I've got a big enough backlog to make me wait for games to hit the $10 or less mark. By then the game is mostly bug free and usually has all of the DLC included.

So because you cant afford something you should pirate it?

Nice try at a logical argument..

Can't afford it, means you simply don't get it. Don't like it, don't buy it and buy something else.

Prices are so high in the UK as the IT World loves to rip off us Brits. Standard practice is to take a value in Dollars and replace the $ with a £ and charge that. Even though one dollar is currently only worth 64pence. So that is an immediate mark-up.

Then add in the fact that the average parent is hassled by their kids to buy these games for them. And the parents don't know about the cheaper sources - so get stuffed by the high street.

So because you cant afford something you should pirate it?

Nice try at a logical argument..

Can't afford it, means you simply don't get it. Don't like it, don't buy it and buy something else.

Nope, wasn't speaking personally. Thankfully I'm in a position where I can buy the nice things I want. It is naive to think that people don't take that road when exorbitant price hikes such as this happen.

If you can't afford it, then you go down the market and buy the latest technology called iBrick™. This carefully designed piece of hardware can be applied to many High Street shop windows to gain that discount. It needs to be operated in the early hours of the morning for best effect, and you will also need a good pair of iRunningShoes™ and be ready to RunLikeFeck™ when the flashing blue lights appear.

Back