AMD Launches Exclusive Game Bundle With R9 290 Series Graphics Cards

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced that qualifying purchases from participating retailers of an AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2, R9 290X or R9 290 graphics card will be eligible for a complimentary copy of 2K’s Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth™. Collaboration between Firaxis Games and the AMD Gaming Evolved program brings deep PC optimization to Sid Meier’s Civilization®: Beyond Earth™. That optimization can be experienced first-hand with high performance AMD Radeon™ R9 Series GPUs, which are ready to support empire-worthy display technologies like AMD Eyefinity and 4K UltraHD. Support for AMD CrossFire™ technology and an exceptional implementation of the Mantle graphics API provides discerning gamers with radical performance and effortlessly smooth gameplay.

So AMD pulled Civ. BE from the space bundle and put it on the 290 cards only? Hmm, OK...

Still wished AMD & Firaxis would port Mantle to Civ. 5, cause Damn Civ. BE plays extremely smooth and fast!

Eh, tempted, but my Radeon HD 7950 3GB runs like a champ. In fact, seems like the pace of software development is way slower than hardware these days.

Looks like egg has the R9 290x with lifetime by XFX for $299.99 after rebate.

Can I sell the gold code for $20 & the civ game for $20 to get it to $259.99?

Not looking at AMD until they correct their prices officially, until the 290 and 290x are $250 and $300 respectively(checked AmazoNewegg still way overpriced, I don't count MiRs, but I'm cool with Instant Rebates or coupon codes), it just looks silly to get one with the GTX970 available.

Back