Main Ingredient In Beer Can Help Improve Memory

HardOCP News

[H] News
Beer can help improve your memory? Whoa. Think about that the next time you knock back a cold one. :cool:

Beer is better for the brain than you might believe. A new study finds the frothy beverage can improve memory. A researcher at Oregon State University points to a compound found in hops, one of the main ingredients in beer, improved cognitive function in a group of mice

Do you really wanna remember what you did when you were drunk? :D

Maybe the less you have to remember, the easier it is to remember the things that you do remember.

It makes total sense when you think about it. Especially if you've been in drunken stupor for most of the day.

Maybe the less you have to remember, the easier it is to remember the things that you do remember.

It makes total sense when you think about it. Especially if you've been in drunken stupor for most of the day.

That's like, mind-blowingly reasonable. :eek:

“a human would have to drink 2000 liters of beer a day to reach the xanthohumol levels we used in this research.”

hmm, if, in Minority Report, the creepy little ad was like "John Anderton, you could use a xanthohumol beer on the precogs so they can have clearer pictures of the real villain and defeat the whole purpose of this movie so the guys with the sick sticks will stop chasing you!" eh, one can dream.

I call BS. I drink enough beer that the alcohol cancels out any benefit from the hops.

I think the point of this, is in moderation...

Don't expect total recall by binge drinking some 10% IPAs, lol.

What you just decide that I'm drunk? You can't decide. I make that decision. That decision is mine and God's ...and I'm not. I change...I ain't make that decision. :p

Back