Hybrid Interactions With Phones On Computer Screens

I'd like to see something practical with it. I like the copy/paste from/to phone, though. That'd be cool.

Other stuff, like mentioned, would be fun for a couple minutes.

Show me the so-called 'killer app' with it, and I might be sold on the idea. Otherwise, it's a gimmicky feature that won't last long.

Looks like the same technology (well much earlier generation) that Tony Stark used at the government hearing in Iron Man 2 :D

Does anyone at MIT know what practicality means?

This and so many other things I can't think of good uses. Yet, advances aren't often recognized by anyone at the time they are being done.

Pointless vanity project that the devs doing this will use to fluff their resumes when they get into the real world.

Holding up my hands to the screen for any length of time would be about as much fun as holding your hands upto a touch screen all day. Probably worse.

Best use would be to be a form of NFC to initiate data transfers to and from the camera.

it'll be fun for about 2 minutes.

Holding up my hands to the screen for any length of time would be about as much fun as holding your hands upto a touch screen all day. Probably worse.

Best use would be to be a form of NFC to initiate data transfers to and from the camera.

These posters got it already. But I bet something useful can come out of it!

This reeks of an engineering project that came about simply because someone wanted to say they could do it. Maybe there is a practical application (that is better than current solutions)....but I'll admit I don't see one.

very cool... but unless you can do it without the phone being right up on the screen, it's kind of meh.

Well that was the most useless unwieldly looking pile of crap I've seen lately.

Be a good idea for if the cloud was never made... or usb sticks... or bluetooth.

Looks like a mobile version of Mouse Without Borders.

Hope that phone cover doesn't scratch up that laptop!

Didn't those old Microsoft Surface (the table) demos have similar interactions from a business side, like being able to "pick up" business cards in the table with a phone placed on them?

Back