Gadget That Knocks Drones And Google Glass Offline

HardOCP News

[H] News
A gadget that can knock Google Glass offline? Sign me up for one! :D

That's what the creators of Cyborg Unplug promise. Billed as a "wireless anti-surveillance system," Unplug is, essentially, a portable router that can detect drones, surveillance cameras and mobile tech like Glass trying to access your Wi-Fi signal and boot them off of it.

Thats so not as cool as the head line.

I want some thing that can knock the whole drone offline and fry the brain of any one walking around whit glass junk....or better yet turn them into a slave

I assume it is a combination of MAC filtering and OS Detection.

Does glass only wi-fi? I'm sure it can just hotspot to your phone.

Here's a thought.

Instead of being a passive aggressive dick, secure your WiFi.

problem solved.

Sounds good...
But, as its creators freely note, it also has an "All Out Mode" that would let you knock devices off of any wireless network, not just yours.
The company says it doesn't recommend doing that because ... you know ... it's probably really, really illegal.

i dont get all the hate on glass users. to me, they are like those people who cannot wear their pants all the way up.

i fully support people being able to do that, as it makes it VERY easy to know who to avoid from a distance

Thats so not as cool as the head line.

I want some thing that can knock the whole drone offline and fry the brain of any one walking around whit glass junk....or better yet turn them into a slave

YEah I was hoping for a herf gun or something.

Let's create a "Digital Mask", the normal human eye just sees your normal human face, but a camera sees whatever you want to project from the mask :)

Cameraflage

Back