Ryse: Son of Rome Coming To PCs

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Blue's News, Ryse: Son of Rome is coming to the PC with 4K support. The company is hoping it will be "a benchmark PC graphics showcase."

“We are bringing the Ryse experience to PC, with 4K resolution support,” says Carl Jones, Director of Business Development at Crytek. “4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what’s now possible in high-end PC games. We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future."

The graphics aren't shit on the xbone and the game, while on the simple side, was still fun. Game looks good for a console and will look even better on the PC.

This game and Dead Rising 3 were the only games I wanted for the XB1 I'm happy to see them coming to the PC.

Perhaps companies would make more money if they still released Modding tools to the community for free like companies used to do...

Can't think of one good game for the XB1 OTHER than Killer Instinct I want for PC

I was so ready to drop coin on Dead Rising 3, till I found out it has no infinite overtime mode like DR1 did, and why I skipped out on DR2.

Whoever thought putting a time limit in a sandbox game was a good thing should be executed.

uhm... yay? Didn't this flop for Xbone due to shit graphics and gameplay?

No. It was because it was short. Good game otherwise. Good graphics. Gameplay was simple, but fun.

Perhaps companies would make more money if they still released Modding tools to the community for free like companies used to do...

Amen. Games like Skyrim are still getting a ton of sales and new people getting into it because you can mod the shit out of it. Look at stock, and it looks great. Look at some of the mods, and you can make a nun say "Holy Shit, Dude". They are amazing.

Some of the best games have some great mods. From Doom to Skyrim to Half Life and everything in between.

Not unlike Titanfall, it flopped because they made an exclusivity deal with the loser of the two new gen consoles. That and not enough xbots bought it.

I have been seriously tempted to buy it for the Xbox one but, I have not had much time to play games lately anyways. Besides, I have yet to buy any of the games at full price.

Where is Crytek going to get the manpower to port this? Didn't they just get done laying everyone off last month?

How did Crytek afford to send out a press release?

Where is Crytek going to get the manpower to port this? Didn't they just get done laying everyone off last month?

Well it's technically already running on 8/8.1 so it wont be much to it.no need for a big group.

Well, now I just bought Ryse for my Xbox one because I found it on fulfilled by Amazon cheap. Thanks guys. :p

Yes, because "shit graphics" is totally what makes games failures. :rolleyes:

Seriously though the game was just sort of middling in the story and gameplay department. It was extremely linear which considering it's early life as a Kinect exclusive makes sense. Also apparently they couldn't resist wading into some mystical BS at the end instead of just playing it straight as a historically based game (which would have been a lot more unique).

The graphics are impressive, everyone I showed also was impressed with it.

I liked the game play and storyline. Its one of the few games i have finished in the last few years.

Too bad the game is mediocre at best.

Considering that many of you PC gamers spend more time benchmarking the rig instead of playing games, I figured you guys would only care about the eye candy and stuff.

Commenting about something you have no idea about huh? The graphics were one of Ryse's strong points and was one of the launch day games that really showed off the extra power of the next gen consoles.

I can't help but forsee this turning into another shit-show ala Watchdogs.
As a matter of fact I'd be willing to take bets they gimp the PC version in some way, as to not take ALL the piss out of the Xbone.

In other news, Xbone owners are now extremely pissed off over this news. :p

4k res, console textures :D

Exactly. Unless the original game assets were all created with 4K in mind and they just downsampled everything for consoles (which I doubt), this will have the net effect of about 0% increase in quality.

I can't help but forsee this turning into another shit-show ala Watchdogs.
As a matter of fact I'd be willing to take bets they gimp the PC version in some way, as to not take ALL the piss out of the Xbone.

According to the below article it will be a "benchmark PC graphics showcase" . Another Quote, "4K gaming is another leap in graphics quality for PC gamers and Ryse is the perfect showcase for what's now possible in high-end PC games."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-ones-ryse-son-of-rome-coming-to-pc-with-4k-re/1100-6421565/

Back