President Signs Cellphone Unlocking Bill

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is once again legal for cell phone owners to unlock their phones.

What we saw in the end was a bipartisan commitment to solve a problem that affects millions of Americans. This month, the Senate and the House both unanimously passed the Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act -- the first time a We the People petition has led to a legislative fix. The bill not only restores the rights of consumers to unlock their phones, but ensures that they can receive help doing so if they lack the technological savvy to unlock on their own.

Glad to see we are legislating important matters.

This is important, actually.

And, what the fuck else is congress doing? Nothing, this is the most amount of work our government has done in quite some time.

Don't forget, the less things they do, the better. Most of the laws passed simply involve one rich group of people having a law passed so they can take more money from another group of people. Cable it one of the best examples of this.

Obama_to_Sign_Cellphone_Unlock_Bill_What_Does_It.png

Now.. if I can only get the key out of the screen!!

So, they pay attention to this petition, but ignore the one asking for assistance in getting Sergeant Andrew Tahmooressi freed from the Mexican he has been in for 4 months.

Just to make things clear though, these are the same a-holes that made it illegal in the first place. This is akin to lighting a fire in your yard, and then patting yourself on the back for putting it out and expecting a medal for it.

Thank God! Dang only took what 6 years to revert it?

And they say this is a dead beat Congress. My faith has been restored by 1%...Now I'm sitting at 2% for them as a successful group.

The fact it was illegal in the first place shows every member of government needed to be sterilized before breeding.
Then again, if I were elected and had big companies throwing millions at me I can honestly say it'd be hard not to keep from whoring myself out.

Thank God! Dang only took what 6 years to revert it?

And they say this is a dead beat Congress. My faith has been restored by 1%...Now I'm sitting at 2% for them as a successful group.

.. 2 years actually. It was the Library of Congress that made it illegal back in 2012 since they handle DMCA exemptions. Guess what? This law is only temporary as the LoC can once again make it illegal in 2015 (next year) when they do their every-3-year DMCA exemption reviews. If they opt to not exempt it again like in 2012, we're back to illegal status.

.. 2 years actually. It was the Library of Congress that made it illegal back in 2012 since they handle DMCA exemptions. Guess what? This law is only temporary as the LoC can once again make it illegal in 2015 (next year) when they do their every-3-year DMCA exemption reviews. If they opt to not exempt it again like in 2012, we're back to illegal status.

Thank you for the facts. I appreciate you telling us that aren't paying attention enough.
That said, utterly bullshit how this shit works.

Just to make things clear though, these are the same a-holes that made it illegal in the first place. This is akin to lighting a fire in your yard, and then patting yourself on the back for putting it out and expecting a medal for it.
Exactly. They are undoing something they did in the first place.

Amazing a law had to be passed for something that is supposed to be legal for you to do regardless already since you bought something.

Back