Intel Reveals Details of Next Generation Processors

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today at the International Supercomputing Conference in Leipzig, Germany, Intel unveiled details on the next-generation Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor codenamed Knights Landing, which includes the newly integrated Intel® Omni Scale Fabric, an end-to-end interconnect optimized for fast data transfers and better efficiency. Knights Landing will feature high-bandwidth on-package memory and deliver up to three times the performance of the prior generation while using less energy. Intel technology was also showcased throughout the conference with Intel® Xeon® processors powering 85% of systems in the newly published TOP500 list, underscoring their role as the fundamental building block for the world’s most powerful supercomputers.

They are getting better with their code names. I'm curious to see how it stacks up.

I know that Intel uses geographic locations for their code names, but Knights Landing sounds more like a mash up of bad 80's TV shows, not a CPU codename

I know that Intel uses geographic locations for their code names, but Knights Landing sounds more like a mash up of bad 80's TV shows, not a CPU codename

Lol - I was thinking about multicores and now I'm thinking about "Eight is Enough"

Back