Browse Your Games in Style Even ROMs with LaunchBox

What is the purpose. Most good emulators (FPse) already offer a browser of sorts with cover art upon boot.

The interface reminds me of the Windows Game Explorer Editor...which doesn't really work very well anymore. In Win 8 it doesn't even seem to work at all.
With a little finesse in your command lines, Steam can actually work as a universal games launcher. Plus, there are so many grid-style images around it's pretty easy to find boxart/imagery for almost anything.

Steam already does most of this too with big rectangle icons instead of box art. What is needed is something that can list games by genre, rating, tag or other search criteria. Browsing a wall of alphabetized images seems to be a really dumb way to choose games.

I took a look. This is still very much a work in progress. Front-ends seem more trouble than they are worth, I think--you *can* sort your games by platform, ratings, genre and a whole lot of other filters...but it's a front end...yawn...I was surprised by the number of my Steam titles that the db couldn't find cover art for...it apparently writes nothing to the registry in the way of install info, so just deleting the installation folder takes care of everything--which is, I suppose, just OK. My own direct setup (no front ends for anything) is much better, imo And...who uses plain-Jane Dosbox for games? Dosbox SVN-DAUM is way, way better, imo (even includes a 64-bit version of dosbox.exe that runs really well, shader support, etc.)

You get a beautiful..you get a beautiful..you get a beautiful..

All I see is a Cluttered fucking mess of someone who has too many gd games installed at once.

Back